Aorus Owner's Lounge

Associate
Hi Rob_215 - just checked courier tracking, and goods were signed for at OCUK this morning ast 9.30ish - so will be waiting to be booked in and put on shelf.

Should be turned around today, and pre-orders despatched.....

Fingers crossed.

We will contact OCUK to ensure these units are prioritised.

Thanks for your order.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Thanks @Atom80
I have sent OCUK a web note to check my order has been processed as although i received a order confirmation email my order status has not changed and no money has been taken from my account. hopefully they can sort this if there is an issue before the cutoff for tomorrow deliver.

Associate
@Atom80 Is there a way to purchase the blue trackpad separately? I do not like the orange one at all...

I would also really like to know this. I want the blue trackpad on a V7.

The blue trackpad was subtle and a real draw to the machine for me. The orange trackpad, well I think it just looks awful and cheap by comparison. Loads of lower end gaming laptops have orange on them and I hate bright orange on gaming laptops!! (Looking at you ASUS Strix, well also the new Aorus range:()

Edit: Or can you at least recommend a good sticker that covers it?

@Atom80 or @AORUS - Mean Machine

Last edited:
AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
@Atom80 Is there a way to purchase the blue trackpad separately? I do not like the orange one at all...

I would also really like to know this. I want the blue trackpad on a V7.

The blue trackpad was subtle and a real draw to the machine for me. The orange trackpad, well I think it just looks awful and cheap by comparison. Loads of lower end gaming laptops have orange on them and I hate bright orange on gaming laptops!! (Looking at you ASUS Strix, well also the new Aorus range:()

Edit: Or can you at least recommend a good sticker that covers it?

@Atom80 or @AORUS - Mean Machine

Hi Both - we have some "trial" track-pad covers being sent to us in UK, and once received would like to send to "someone" to test, photo graph and generally feedback to us. We hope to get these next week.

We are unable to source and sell the previous blue version, sorry.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Hi Both - we have some "trial" track-pad covers being sent to us in UK, and once received would like to send to "someone" to test, photo graph and generally feedback to us. We hope to get these next week.

Regards,

Team AORUS

If you're willing to send it to the US, I'll trial, photograph and even include it in my review that I'm about to wrap up. Let me know. What kind of cover is it? Just a wrap?

I really wish Gigabyte had a parts dept like MSI. I remember a couple years back there was talk about you guys starting one. I guess that fell through?

Associate
In light of some of the concerns around defects. I've received my X7 V7-CF2 and had no issues. Blue trackpad and all!. No known keyboard issues, whilst its clearly a TN panel, when you are using it as a laptop in front of it, its fine. Its clearly not as 'bold' in colour saturation compaired to my desktops ROG PG279Q, but then that was an expensive IPS monitor, so i wouldn't expect it to be.

For those who have the X5 MD version, i used the inbuilt control centre to turn everything to max (aka 4) for overclock and ran firestrike. I got the following http://imgur.com/a/d41oH

TLDR: Firestrike sore was = 14705

@Atom80 ,i would like to add more RAM to this unit but CPUZ gives me a memory part number not identily found for the memory sticks offered. Is that just a version thing or can additional (identical) memory models by bought?

Last edited:
Soldato
In light of some of the concerns around defects. I've received my X7 V7-CF2 and had no issues. Blue trackpad and all!. No known keyboard issues, whilst its clearly a TN panel, when you are using it as a laptop in front of it, its fine. Its clearly not as 'bolt' in colour saturation compaired to my desktops ROG PG279Q, but then that was an expensive IPS monitor, so i wouldn't expect it to be.

For those who have the X5 MD version, i used the inbuilt control centre to turn everything to max (aka 4) for overclock and ran firestrike. I got the following http://imgur.com/a/d41oH

TLDR: Firestrike sore was = 14705

@Atom80 ,i would like to add more RAM to this unit but CPUZ gives me a memory part number not identily found for the memory sticks offered. Is that just a version thing or can additional (identical) memory models by bought?

I don't really make note of synthetic benchmarks, but isn't that firestrike score quite low? @matzie was getting close to that with an X5 MD?

As for the RAM, I think it's G.Skill Ripjaws, although I may be wrong. Personally, if I end up getting the X7 I'll probably get 2x4GB sticks of Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2400 (assuming there's little to no real-world benefit in matching the included sticks)

Last edited:
Associate

Regards,

Team AORUS
I created this account just for this. Would love to get a cover for the trackpad (x5 v7, in case they're different) if it's just a plain, no-logo one, especially since I was just on dbrand's website trying to see which trackpad cover from the laptops they support would most closely match that of the one on the x5.

Associate
X7 DT v7 CF2 First impressions: WOW this is a beast !

Performance: out of the box, OC sliders both to zero: 16171 (Graphics 21223). Both sliders to full: 16880 (G 21504 - the max GPU slider is only +50Mhz now). +100Mhz: 17168 ( G 21795).

Only thing that would make it more perfect: a cover for the trackpad, @Atom80 ;)

Associate
I don't really make note of synthetic benchmarks, but isn't that firestrike score quite low? @matzie was getting close to that with an X5 MD

Yeah I was - but it sounds like @fooby has the X7 with a GTX1070, so the point isn't that his 14705 is low, it's that the X5 MD should've been higher :)

But I'm happy now - will say more tomorrow inc gaming benchmarks if time allows.

Man I love this X7 DT!

Associate
Got my DT this morning been playing Doom at max settings on 4k telly looks absolutely mental plus smooth as silk.

The temps are reasonable and the fan sound isnt much louder than my old thinkpad.

Build quality is great.

Soldato
Yeah I was - but it sounds like @fooby has the X7 with a GTX1070, so the point isn't that his 14705 is low, it's that the X5 MD should've been higher :)

But I'm happy now - will say more tomorrow inc gaming benchmarks if time allows.

Man I love this X7 DT!

Ahh right, thought it was a DT.

Can we get some pics of yours please? :D

Associate
As for the RAM, I think it's G.Skill Ripjaws, although I may be wrong. Personally, if I end up getting the X7 I'll probably get 2x4GB sticks of Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2400 (assuming there's little to no real-world benefit in matching the included sticks)

Yeah the googling i did on the model number CPUZ reported was: G.Skill F4-2400C16-8GRS, which technically doesn't exist, the f4-2400c16D-8GRS Variants does.

I'd want to use the same ram ideally for extra sticks, as anything else (with potential different CAS timings) would (whilst be ok) not be as optimal as possible. The awkward person in me also doesn't to fit anything non-oem spec in something so brand new and shiny! Identically matches RAM makes me happy inside.

Associate
Yeah the googling i did on the model number CPUZ reported was: G.Skill F4-2400C16-8GRS, which technically doesn't exist, the f4-2400c16D-8GRS Variants does.

I'd want to use the same ram ideally for extra sticks, as anything else (with potential different CAS timings) would (whilst be ok) not be as optimal as possible. The awkward person in me also doesn't to fit anything non-oem spec in something so brand new and shiny! Identically matches RAM makes me happy inside.

I had major crashes when adding my ram with theirs. No idea why. It has the same speed but different timings. When I read a mem test with both together, it would give errors, but separated, they were both fine.

Associate
I had major crashes when adding my ram with theirs. No idea why. It has the same speed but different timings. When I read a mem test with both together, it would give errors, but separated, they were both fine.

Yeah and i'd like to avoid anything like this; using anything other than vendor validated ram is going to give issues on a BIOS platform probably this new.

@Atom80 is there a hardware compatibility list for these laptops? or can you provide further clarity on the memory.

Back
Top Bottom