Asus Prime X370-Pro Owner's thread

Associate
If your PC is crashing.... it's not necessarily the mobo at fault.

Is it crashing with blue screen?

No, when it crashes it goes to a black screen and PC is still running with all the lights on and everything. Just no screen. It's very random, but apparently some were saying that HWinfo or AI Suite could be causing that somehow. No idea.

It's been pretty stable without crashing too often, so the fan is what gets me the most. I used my setup for a week and had no issues, and then it randomly all started crashing and going to 100% fan speed. Nothing changed that I know of in that time.

Associate
If your PC is crashing.... it's not necessarily the mobo at fault.

Is it crashing with blue screen?

Although I swear I checked it a million times, and I'm usually a lot more careful, apparently the cable that powers my graphics card has 2 8-pin connectors on it. The second connecter on the line nudged itself into the fan shroud and so the 3rd fan wasn't spinning. How I missed that, I'll never know. The fan is now normal, and no crashes so far. *facepalm*. Thank you all for your help! Hopefully I can enable the DOCP profile now with no issues and have a solid machine!

Associate
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone experience the blackscreen issue where monitor goes black / PC fans still spinning / doesnt respond with power button (hold for 4 seconds) or reset button / so only option left to power off at back of PSU switch or pull out plug.

I had this sometimes when I was testing some overclocking during stress test so can relate this to not enough CPU vcore, however I last experience this during light load (watching youtube) not stressful situation. I have read this could be caused by monitoring tools like hwinfo64 or similar. I did disable the PCH monitoring inside hwinfo64 which warned me when I first open this tool but issue still occurred. At the time I had this tool open all the time because I want to monitor max temps.

I am curious if anyone is using hwinfo64 (or similar) open 24/7 all the time and NOT experience this issue.

For now I have closed hwinfo64 and do not have it open and have not experienced this issue so far, although I did also need to make a small increment to my CPU vcore which came to known during heavy stress test Prime95 custom blend test (using 14GB memory), so Im not sure if this issue occurs because of the monitoring tool or CPU vcore.

I am using the latest Bios 0805.

Soldato
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone experience the blackscreen issue where monitor goes black / PC fans still spinning / doesnt respond with power button (hold for 4 seconds) or reset button / so only option left to power off at back of PSU switch or pull out plug.

I had this sometimes when I was testing some overclocking during stress test so can relate this to not enough CPU vcore, however I last experience this during light load (watching youtube) not stressful situation. I have read this could be caused by monitoring tools like hwinfo64 or similar. I did disable the PCH monitoring inside hwinfo64 which warned me when I first open this tool but issue still occurred. At the time I had this tool open all the time because I want to monitor max temps.

I am curious if anyone is using hwinfo64 (or similar) open 24/7 all the time and NOT experience this issue.

For now I have closed hwinfo64 and do not have it open and have not experienced this issue so far, although I did also need to make a small increment to my CPU vcore which came to known during heavy stress test Prime95 custom blend test (using 14GB memory), so Im not sure if this issue occurs because of the monitoring tool or CPU vcore.

I am using the latest Bios 0805.

If you remove your overclock does all go back to normal?

Associate
I have kept my overclock for now since I appear stable from many stress tests but I am just testing the theory the issue could be due to hwinfo64 being left open all the time (I read from another forum this could be caused by monitoring tools like hwinfo) since it appear to happen randomly when system was not under stress so cannot easily reproduce issue. The issue hasn't happened for over 48 hours now (since not having hwinfo64 open for long period of time - only brief moments to check temp then close app). My guess is this is a motherboard bug but I also did slight increase my CPU vcore so thats why I cannot confirm for now if statement is true.

I am just curious if anyone is using hwinfo64 (or similar) open 24/7 all the time and NOT experience this issue.

Soldato
New BIOS has been posted: Version 0807

Doesn't look that exciting tho. "Add CBS item"

What does that mean?

----

Bizarrely they have taken this down twice now.

----

People are reporting good stuff with new 0807 bios. Shame they pulled it for the time being.

---

It's back. :D

---

Gone. The BIOS has appeared and disappeared 3 times today.

---

BIOS is there if you choose Windows 7/10 32bit.

Also on the US site.

Last edited:
Associate
Sorry if this has been covered loads before but how are people getting their RAM speeds past 2133 MHz?

I've bought Corsair Vengance 3000 MHz RAM and updated to latest BIOS but can't seem to run it even close to 3000 MHz.

EDIT: OK quick read back and got it to 2800 MHz but it doesn't like anything more.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry if this has been covered loads before but how are people getting their RAM speeds past 2133 MHz?

I've bought Corsair Vengance 3000 MHz RAM and updated to latest BIOS but can't seem to run it even close to 3000 MHz.

EDIT: OK quick read back and got it to 2800 MHz but it doesn't like anything more.

Go in to your bios and set the DOCP profile to on. See if it will boot. If it doesn't, go back in to BIOS and set DOCP back on, but then go and manually change the speed down to the next lowest. Save and see if it will boot.

If it doesn't do the above again.

I have 3200Mhz ram, but with the DOCP profile I have to manually set 3066Mhz to get it to boot.

Associate
Seems like there are lots more new options added in AMD CBS submenus including items relating to memory like: Bank Group Swap, CLDO_VDDP.

I also notice GearDownMode and Cmd2T option appear twice in the Bios menus:
-> Ai Tweaker\DRAM Timing Control\
and
-> Advanced\AMD CBS\UMC Common Options\DDR4 Common Options\DRAM Controller Configuration\

Found someone post some screenshots here (expand spoiler): http://www.overclock.net/t/1626011/my-experience-with-the-asus-prime-x370-pro/2830#post_26278164

Last edited:
Associate
I don't get it.

I set CPU core ratio to 39, changed VDDCR CPU Voltage to 1.375

System boots and CPU-Z shows me this

w2LQGYS.png

I think you need to set voltage using offset.

I read it from this website:

https://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/f219/asus-prime-x370-pro-am4-1156996.html

"
  • CPU clocks only on 1.55GHz or on 2.20GHz
    This is a PState bug. This affects all AM4 mainboards and now appears in some cases.
    AMD is informed and the manufacturers are waiting for a fix.
    You can bypass it by setting the CPU voltage only via the offset, using OC Tools (eg ZenStates) or using Custom PStates in the Bios Mod above.
"

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks mate

I've set via offset to be at 4GHz.
The BIOS is set with 1.35v in total 1.375-0.025 offset but CPU-Z shows 1.4v for some reason

Temps seem fine, Cinebench pushes temps to 60 with a Noctua D14

Back
Top Bottom