*** How to obtain a bike license ***

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Btw I only had three lessons for mod 1 can anyone best that :D
I had 1. Failed mod 1 once but passed no issues on the re-sit and that was with zero bike or experience to fall back on.

Tbh apart from practising in the yard, I can't see what you'd cover in 3 lessons that you couldn't do in 1.

Soldato
I had 1. Failed mod 1 once but passed no issues on the re-sit and that was with zero bike or experience to fall back on.

Tbh apart from practising in the yard, I can't see what you'd cover in 3 lessons that you couldn't do in 1.

They covered road riding aswell! Not just yard work

Soldato
Will cut down my lessons for mod 2 tbh going to just practice getting rid of my bad habits days to day car driving trying to cut costs back now

My main issue is indicator and leaving the bugger on.

Soldato
Just constantly spam the indicator button and you'll soon remember to hit it when you need to. You won't fail for hitting it every 30 seconds.

Yea while riding I tend to focus on other stuff like positioning then just forget. I'm going to put myself down for another four hours road experience I doubt I even need that tbh literally my only issue is indicators and slightly more forward planning.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

CBT
Mod 1 practice
Mod 1 test (1)
Mod 1 test (2)
Mod 2 practice
Mod 2 test

That was my route. 2 official lessons and the rest were tests. Held a car license for 16 years before taking the DAS tests, which helped when out and about.

I'd dread to take the test without any form of experience on the road. Listening to the CBT school explaining roundabouts to the 16 year old scooter riders was painful.

Soldato
Btw I only had three lessons for mod 1 can anyone best that :D
I did a morning lesson on the Monday (8-12pm), same again on Tuesday and did the MOD 1 9am Wednesday morning, no faults. Then did a couple more hours riding and passed MOD 2 at midday the same day with 2 minor faults.

:p:D

Of course it helped having 6 months and 6000 miles experience on a 125.

Associate
I just did my CBT and I'm not sure what to do next.

My goal is to buy a proper bike - so not sure if I should buy a 125cc to practice on before doing the MODs or if I should use the money to take a full licence training instead. One of the local schools has a "New Rider Package" which consists in 4.5 days training + actual tests for £740.

I can honestly say I'm not 100% ready for the road since the CBT was a bit of a disaster but I think all I need is some practice. I've ridden bikes before (8 years ago) and been driving a car for over 10 years, so I'd say I was OK in terms of road rules, etc.

What would you guys recommend?

Man of Honour
No one's 100% ready for the road fresh from a CBT. If you enjoyed it and still want to do your full licence I'd go straight into that personally, you'll get some proper tuition rather than the conveyer belt CBT style stuff so don't worry about you not feeling 100% being an issue.

Associate
Thanks for the input!

That's what I thought - I think I'll just do some training and go directly to full licence instead of buying a 125cc. Looking at insurance, the price is almost the same as 600s and 800s. Also, as tom_e said, it's actually better to have proper tuition rather than trying to learn on my own and possibly picking up bad habits.

Back
Top Bottom