PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Associate
So yesterday I got the M24 for the second time ever (first time ever actually a few days ago in squad game) and for some reason I can't hit anything with the damn thing.

Kar98 I've won rounds with quite a few times and can be pretty lethal with, but trying to transfer the same tactics to the M24 (even on a stationary target) I'm SOL.

Anyone else come across that with the M24 at all? Am I not accounting for something? Presume maybe needs less leading/bullet drop compensating, but as I say I can't even hit stationary targets with the thing at the moment.

Caporegime
What seems to work better for you guys? Avoiding combat as much as poss or going hunting for the kills? I'm mostly trying to hide and get into the top 10 a bit but always seem to get killed before I even see the enemy right at the end. My most kills in a game is only 4.

depends on what scopes you have as well as attachments.

i won the first squad game i played yesterday because we knew we all had red dots and didn't engage anyone at long range. so we ran a lot until the end. then we secured a building and killed 1 random guy. we then went into the next zone and setup shop on a ridge with loads of huge rocks and then we engaged people. however i was constantly getting hit due to only a red dot. so after 1 hit i would bandage then engage again. i had the best position but i had to use that to my advantage. i waited until the guy with the scope had to run then shot him. i then after the next circle hid prone behind a rock and just shot people coming from behind.

had we all had 4x scopes, etc we would have went hunting for kills from the start. but we came up against a team with a 4x and we legged it.

it's all about what loot you have and what type of engagement it is. out in the open your not going to win red dot vs a 4x long to medium range.

the second game we played i got really good stuff however another squad pinched me and snuck into my building and camped me out. up close anybody can win. so my suppressor, etc gave me zero advantage.

Soldato
Yes! Hope people on discord are willing to give it a go. I love the game but I've never been a fan of 3rd person view games and rarely play them.

Been finding FPP much better.

I'll definatley be giving FPP squads a go, need to play enough FPP to sort out what setting makes my eyes go weird.

Associate
Okay, finally tried FPP, it went okay, first game down to the last 4, but died because the perspective feels really weird in terms of your height (as people have mentioned) so I died because I couldn't clear a wall in time for the blue zone.

It actually feels quite claustrophobic in a way not being able to see as much. Interesting take but I'm not sure its better/worse than the original 3rd person.

Also thankfully PUBG's player base is massive so no worries about not being able to find games in either modes!

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I tried solo fpp today, for me it felt queasy I don't think I will be able to play for more than one game. I drove a boat the perspective is off as you can't really see where you are going as you are sat two low.

Permabanned
Have they said anything about changing first person mode so you don't feel like a dwarf ?

Other than that I love the game mode, but I'm not down with being vertically challenged.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Apparently they have said they intend to tweak the FP camera and game mode a fair bit more. Camera height, scale etc.

Associate
Getting to last 15-20 and getting battered by more than 1 person.

Major difference coming from KOTK, the amount of times I've gone into a house and someone's just crouched inside aiming at the door. Hate that kind of gameplay, prefer to be aggressive and go take on every fight. No point coming 1st with 1 kill.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Been playing this far too much lately, so much fun.

Need to start playing duos/squads, apart from joining the discord channel what else do I need to do to join ocuk games, do people need to add me as a Steam friend?

Haven't used steam for a long long time, is it just my profile URL people need for that?

Back
Top Bottom