What did you do to your bike today?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Adjusted the throttle cable play for the first time. Didn't realise there was anything wrong with mine but I knew 2 inches of slack wasn't "right" :p

Downside is that I used a lot from the top adjuster.

Man of Honour
Dropped into SSR this evening 15 minutes later i'm off with my sag set correctly as that's as adjustable as the SV is. Only charged me a tenner.

The bike now drops into corners much more readily and generally feels a bit nicer, I'll take that for £10. He also recommend 20w oil in my forks which only have 10w in at the minute to slow the rebound so that's on my list of bits to fiddle with.

Soldato
Got myself a pair of RST Tractech EVO-R gloves

My Held Racetex gloves are lovely and waterproof but even though they're meant to be vented they have a kevlar lining which means in hot weather they're sweaty as hell! The RSTs vent directly to your skin, no lining so you can feel the cool air rushing through when you put your fingers out straight :D

They go well with the rest of my leathers/gear :D:p

Caporegime
Got myself a pair of RST Tractech EVO-R gloves

My Held Racetex gloves are lovely and waterproof but even though they're meant to be vented they have a kevlar lining which means in hot weather they're sweaty as hell! The RSTs vent directly to your skin, no lining so you can feel the cool air rushing through when you put your fingers out straight :D

They go well with the rest of my leathers/gear :D:p

Are you the Paul on yesbets or not? Otherwise I've made myself look a bit dim to some random stranger on the internet.

Again.

Caporegime
Ah cool. I was just getting some bets on when Sky went down, taking my phone and broadband with it. Currently on hold, I feel sorry for the people dealing with this, on the night of the league kick off too :rolleyes:

Anyway, this isn't the thread for this, just had to have a little whinge. As you were :D

Soldato
Test fitted all the luggage for the Alps, glad I did as it took a bit of working out to get my tent and waterproofs strapped down properly.

I thought the VFR was heavy without luggage... :eek: I've gone up 2 'turns' on the rear shock preload as it was sagging a whole lot with the luggage and me on it, and it's not even fully packed yet... :D

Soldato
:D The kriega stuff is the easy bit, I've got a well practiced routine to strapping that on now!

Just weighed my luggage and it's going to be around 20-22kg in total, that takes the total bike weight up to about 250kg with fuel... :eek::D

Soldato
Not sure if you've toured with Kriegas before, but make sure you squeeze the air out as you're rolling them closed otherwise the air escapes throughout the day and they'll start moving about and get looser and looser.

Soldato
Not sure if you've toured with Kriegas before, but make sure you squeeze the air out as you're rolling them closed otherwise the air escapes throughout the day and they'll start moving about and get looser and looser.
Yeah the fuller they are the better, I've done a few miles with them though :D;)

Can't believe this was just a year ago... seems like ages. :(

Soldato
From my experience in Europe this year, the packing never gets better than Day 0, and everything expands after that. Tired, hungover mornings, wet gear all means more space. I countered this by a planned discarding of old underwear as the trip went on, but this was more than countered by adding a few bottles of wine...

Soldato
Ha, I don't plan on picking up any extra luggage enroute :D

Space was tight last year for 5 days away but with the tent on top that's given me an extra 15l of space to play with.

4 days left at work now, then a few bits to do on Friday (wash the bike, buy some Euros/Swiss Francs), pack the bike up Friday night, stick it in the garage and leave at 6:40am Saturday morning, in France by 8:30am (9:30am local time) ready to pound the autoroute for about 5 hours...

Back
Top Bottom