Fixing leaking shed roof

Associate
The roof is made from shiplap boards and in a couple of places the boards have separated and there is now a few mm gap between them (same on the walls too, yay). Whats the best way of sorting this?

I was thinking of just sticking some sealant in the gaps and them re felting with some decent felt (Iko Super Shed felt). Would this work?

Soldato
First question is what condition the shed is in? if it's still solid and worth spending the money on then rubber roof is the way to go, if you just need to keep it going until you can afford a new one then a cheap layer of felt will do short term.

Or you could do what I did which was buy a tarp big enough to cover the roof and batten it on, lasted longer than any felt and was as good as the day it went on when I took it off, was even a fetching green colour that blended in well.

Associate
OP
The shed is definitely worth it. It just has a few issues to be sorted. I've ordered some sealant and a new rubber roof which should help keep it all dry.

I'm going to pull off all the old **** felt, fill the gaps from the inside and outside with sealant; then fit a tarp temporarily so that any wet bits can dry off.

Associate
The shed is definitely worth it. It just has a few issues to be sorted. I've ordered some sealant and a new rubber roof which should help keep it all dry.

I'm going to pull off all the old **** felt, fill the gaps from the inside and outside with sealant; then fit a tarp temporarily so that any wet bits can dry off.

Where did you buy the rubber roof from if you don't mind me asking? Need to sort my roof out also and looks like this stuff is the way to go.

Associate
OP
Finally managed to install the EPDM today and overall it was easy enough and went well.

2ij2o3p.jpg

Back
Top Bottom