Nitro Concepts C80 - any users here?

Soldato
Its more comfortable than an IKEA Markus but has less adjustable features. I have a few of these for our gaming room (still have 2 to build). They tilt slightly and I think they are a good budget choice.
The back is a pain to connect to the seat and arms though, definitely a 2 person job unless you use a lot of persuasion.

Associate
Had this chair for about 8 months now and i find it very comfortable, much better having padded arm rests too!
as bick said the back is a bit of a pain to get on but i managed it alone with a bit of persistence and a lot of bad words
i cant compare it to others as this is the first proper chair ive owned but its worth the money (135 when i bought it)

recommended for a "nice budget gaming chair" :)

Soldato
I can offer a not very useful comparison for you.... My purchases were based on a visit to OCUK back in July when I went to play with the Vive.

Noble Epic Leather ....... Nitro Concepts C80 Comfort ....... IKEA Markus
svl6br.jpg

All on their lowest height. My missus is 5'4", her feet do not reach the floor with the Noble at its lowest but she's fine with the Nitro. (I've lowered the Noble arm rests to their minimum for this)

And at maximum height there is a huge difference. I'm 5'11" and can swing my feet with the Noble

2qds7c3.jpg

Comfort is usually something you pay for but I have to say that the C80 is fantastic value (I paid £100 on Black Friday)

Soldato
OP
thank you all very much for your advice and the picture comparison, really nice touch, thanks. i may go for the C80 and give my missus my office chair.

that noble looks huge!

is the build quality good on the C80?

might risk a black/blue b grade one, only £100 delivered.

Soldato
The build quality is fine for what you are paying.
The only reason i went for the c80 was the price at the time. Turned out to be a good decision.
Having tried as many of the other chairs as i could, i found that the bucket edges of the seat were too restrictive. Thr C80 and Noble do not have this issue.

Associate
I have C80 Comfort Black/Orange.

It was too damned low by far.

The uppermost extension was no where near the stated amount. I sent pictures to Nitro Concepts and they sent me a new Gas Lift. Which was not any better. I ordered a 9" gas lift from ebay and fitted it, and now I'm happy. Turns out the extra height is particularly useful playing Elite Dangerous in VR. I can get right up above the HOTAS and sit very comfortably. I can almost mimic the ED pilot position in VR just using my regular desk.

The chair itself is comfortable (now it's at a decent height), though it does get me a bit warm at times. At the price, I can't complain too much, I suspect the chairs that cost 3 or 4 times more are subject to some brand inflation.

Associate
If you get problems putting it togeather never tighten the screws all up until they are all in.
This helps a lot with getting it all inline before you tighten it all up.

Soldato
All assembled & I'm very happy with it. Build quality is good, put it together in about 20 mins with no problems.
Gas strut is nice & powerful & is more the adequate for me.
Seat feels nice & firm, time will tell how it lasts, but if it lasts half the time my old argos chair lasted I'll be happy.

Associate
lovely. mine is good, only thing wearing out or the cussioning getting poor is the arm rests.
Mine's the same, it kind of shunts to the side a bit and leaves your arm on the sharpish plastic ridge underneath. Every now and again I'll think ouchhhhh and realise what it is. Disappointing even for a budget chair.

Back
Top Bottom