**** The Official OnePlus 5 Thread ****

Soldato
My battery is suffering since the last update, any idea what caches or something I can clear to help?
Switch her off, then hold volume up and then press the power button. Hold both buttons until the phone vibrates and the splash screen appears. I think the option you want is wipe and delete cache.

Never sure if it actually makes any difference, I do it more each update out of habit :rolleyes:

I'm still on the fence with the latest update. I'm not sure if I've had two days out of the battery since the launch week! Average use. I think I was spoilt with my Xiaomi Note 4...

Soldato
Switch her off, then hold volume up and then press the power button. Hold both buttons until the phone vibrates and the splash screen appears. I think the option you want is wipe and delete cache.

Never sure if it actually makes any difference, I do it more each update out of habit :rolleyes:

I'm still on the fence with the latest update. I'm not sure if I've had two days out of the battery since the launch week! Average use. I think I was spoilt with my Xiaomi Note 4...

I think any high end smart phone would struggle to do 2 days. I find I get 2 days out of my Oneplus 5 but I'm an average user - calls/whatapp/text/couple of hours of music and some facebook/insta etc - nothing major but I find it's fine.

Aside from that with the dash charge it's 45 mins to full power so no great shakes.

Soldato
Yeah, I don't get these folk who claim their phone lasts 2 days. I always need to charge mine every night. Mind you I've found my oneplus5 can comfortably last an entire day even with pretty heavy use. It's the first phone I've had that does to be honest. My old nexus 5x I normally charged twice a day after getting home from work if I used it during my commute.

Battery life on it is fantastic and the screen on time at 5 -6 hours is about double the previous handsets I've had.

Last edited:
Soldato
Okay, so I'm guessing not many of you are still using the stock screen protector that came fitted? What's the next best thing? As already mine is starting to look a bit tatty...

I don't mind getting something from far East, I can wait :p

Soldato
Still got my preinstalled protector on my phone. Don't have any issues with it apart from being a dust magnet around the edge gap between my case.

Soldato
Oxygen OS 4.5.10 update just popped up

Camera:
  • Photo noise reduction
  • Improved Camera stability
  • 60 fps video noise and texture improvements
Launcher:
  • Added country information of photographers in Shot on OnePlus
Phone:
  • Fixed accidental touches after hanging up
  • Improved Jio call functionality
  • Fixed display issue on calling screen
System:
  • Improved WiFi stability
  • Fixed clarity issue of videos taken by SnapShot app
  • Fixed display issue of new font
  • Fixed scrolling issue of Play Music

Soldato
Likewise I've been really happy with mine. However, there is a new Google pixel and iPhone due out any day now so if you're in a position to wait another month (and are happy spending the extra £200ish they'll probably cost over a oneplus5) it might be worth waiting to see what they're like.

Soldato
Thinking of a
Xiaomi Mi 6 but 2 things put me off. Screen size and not available to buy in the UK.

I was also deciding between the Mi 6, Oneplus 5 and Galaxy S8

Mi6 user interface looks a bit too cartoony and I remember reading somewhere about it having awkward notification management, also no band 20 support.

What made me go for the OP5 was the great SIM deal I got from 3 due to being an existing customer and the recent 10% discount on the OP5, bringing it down to £400.

So over two years it worked out at £23 a month for unlimited calls+texts and 8gb a month and a new phone

Also I now enjoy stock android feel with a few added features without the faffing about with flashing a ROM, unlocking/locking bootloader etc

Soldato
Anyone got any idea what this up coming event is all about? Oneplus 5t? Another limited edition colour?

Got a pixel as a stop gap and its lovely but I'm casting about for a bigger screen

Back
Top Bottom