Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [11th - 16th August 2017]

Man of Honour
Conte's entire selection today was a bit of a power move. You have a huge squad, but no real quality and depth.

You looked great until Cahill decided to be Cahill.
Conte had no choice who to select today, a power move would've been leaving someone out who deserved to play.
Starting Morata would've been the only change to the line up possible.

Soldato
Conte had no choice who to select today, a power move would've been leaving someone out who deserved to play.
Starting Morata would've been the only change to the line up possible.

Starting both Batshuayi and Boga ahead of him is telling, at least IMO. The latter didn't even look out of place in one of the worst teams I've ever seen. Not saying he's **** forever, but you clearly need another top striker especially with the amount of games you'll have this season compared to last.

Man of Honour
Boga wasn't started ahead of Morata anyway to be fair, he started as Hazard and Pedro were out, Boga's not a striker.
So the only choice he had was Bat**** or Morata, I doubt (hope) Morata starts v Spurs next week.
Your bench probably will be stronger than ours, that's because or squad is crap at the moment.

Soldato
I don't think BT planned that too well. Doing a piece talking about Liverpool's poor defending at set-plays and whether VvD will make a difference - they then show a graphic showing Liverpool have the 2nd highest percentage of goals conceded by set-plays. The one team with a higher % of the goals conceded from set-plays? Southampton.
It would be interesting to see how that breaks down over the season though. After losing van Dijk, we conceded 22 of our 48 total, in 16 games. So overall the total conceded didn't change wildly but I'd be interested to see if the nature of those changed.

Caporegime
I think Moreno and Redknapp swapped brains - he hasn't got a clue what he's talking about. He can't seem to understand that if VvD signed, he would be in Matip's or Lovren's position, not Firmino's. Liverpool's problem is aside from their 2 cb's, they have no other players in their squad that are strong in the air. Unless we sign a 6 foot 4 DM, fullback or striker we're always going to struggle defending set-plays.
Only just watched this clip but Redknapp makes Moreno look like Einstein.

Man of Honour
Hoping we get off to a great start today and batter West Ham, but I'm not really that confident...

It's clear our team is designed to be powerful, compact and then overpower opponents one way or another, but I'm not sure how it'll work when put into practice.

Soldato
The spurs line up is bizarre!!

Wanyama and Son on the bench. U-21 right back and Sissoko playing.

Could have played Dier at RB and wanyama in Centre midfield!

Soldato
Ultimately it doesn't matter all that much as I avoid watching the build up to our games purely for the sake of my remaining brain cells but Alan ******* Pardew is now considered an acceptable mouth piece for our club. Him and Souness, the bitter freaks. Couple that with the interview with Ashley where he wasn't challenged at all on his failures but was freely allowed to spread his lies and propaganda.

Coverage on us has been abysmal for years and its somehow getting worse. **** Sky and everything they stand for.

Don
Ultimately it doesn't matter all that much as I avoid watching the build up to our games purely for the sake of my remaining brain cells but Alan ******* Pardew is now considered an acceptable mouth piece for our club. Him and Souness, the bitter freaks. Couple that with the interview with Ashley where he wasn't challenged at all on his failures but was freely allowed to spread his lies and propaganda.

Coverage on us has been abysmal for years and its somehow getting worse. **** Sky and everything they stand for.

They've got an interview with Ashley on now. I've never seen an interview where I've disbelieved the sincerity of somebody as much.

Soldato
The sad and depressing thing is a decent amount of our fanbase have lapped it up and are sympathising with him. 'We can't compete with Man City' - Yeah, no ****. The market is crazy right now and prices are ridiculous but even Brighton and Huddersfield are outspending us and already have the players they need/want.

Soldato
All I can be such a petulant **** for someone who grew up playing league one and getting kicked a lot. In some big England/Spurs Euro game sometime that will be exploited.

Not a bad start, we're sitting back but that's as expected.

Soldato
The sad and depressing thing is a decent amount of our fanbase have lapped it up and are sympathising with him. 'We can't compete with Man City' - Yeah, no ****. The market is crazy right now and prices are ridiculous but even Brighton and Huddersfield are outspending us and already have the players they need/want.

Ive made this point to a few people. We aren't expecting to compete with Man City or anyone of their ilk but he refuses to even spend 10mill most of the time which is, these days, next to nothing.

I wish he would just be honest and say "I hate the Geordie ***** and until someone takes this club off my hands at a stupidly overpriced mark, I will endeavour to **** them and anyone else related to the club off as much as I can"

If anyone believes that interview from him they are beyond simple.

Back
Top Bottom