The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Soldato
I've not really had much time for anime (or films in general recently), but have been watching Attack on titan S1 again in preparation for season 2.

One a completely different note, Rightstuf are running a kickstarter for an english dub of Aria* The Animation as part of a blu-ray release.

*The anime with all the A names set in Aquan,

For whatever reason, I stumbled upon this while searching for The Tatami Galaxy. Shall investigate!

Soldato
I had another look earlier and unfortunately whilst they'll ship it anywhere the set will be region A only:(

I'm backing it anyway ... I can play most Region A disks but even if it won't for some reason then it's still something I would like to own.

Not had much time to watch much of anything recently due to work but did watch Kimi no na wa (on the Japanese BD release) the other night.

Soldato
Happened to notice AKIRA on tv over the weekend, not watched that since the early 90s!!!!

Rekindled my interest in Anime/Manga, anyone know a good place to watch these films online please?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Watched King of Thorn the other night.

This robust and ambitious contribution to the popular and well established 'post apocalyptic/humanity-wiped-out-by-weird-virus/scientists-*******-about-with-stuff-that-ought-not-to-be-******-about-with/fantasy/it-was-all-a-dream/scifi' genre will appeal to... somebody, I guess?

The movie felt like an entire manga crammed into two hours, so I was not at all surprised to learn that this was actually the case. Some good ideas, but the whole thing was too cramped and oversimplified.

It was all a dream!

:eek: :confused:

Commissario
OP
Still has the Japanese audio and subtitles and in BD quality ... the dub can be ignored if its bad ... :)
That's my thought as well :)

I suspect part of the reason they've gone kickstarter and dub instead of just putting it out on Blu-ray is that it does potentially increase the number of viewers a lot by having a dub (it also potentially means they may be able to sublicence it out to the UK/Aus* or offer the dub to the UK/Aus if say Manga or Madman were interested in the series**), and putting it on kickstarter reduces the risk to them for what is a bit of a niche series.

To be honest I'd trust TRSI/Nozomi to do the dub right for it more than most other companies, as they're not churning them out and tend to take a lot more care in their releases than many of the other companies.
Until the pound and the vat free level dropped I was importing pretty much any new Nozomi release because even if it was a series I hadn't heard of before, or hadn't given a thought to they always seemed to be good choices.

*Depending on their licence.

**Given we got Clannad over here I'm no longer ruling anything like Aria out.

Soldato
Re the Undine saga
Not sure if I am in favour or not about the Dub,will the series Translate well I wonder?

Iit be dubbed by some vallery girls from california that are like 16 years old who will sound annoying as hell man and like omg really bad, like Cristina Vee. :(

That said! Since A RIA is my all favourite anime of all time, anything new for it is good in my books. I just stick with the glorious Japanese audio. :p

Seems they going to reach their goal, they so close now and they still have 27 days to go.

I would love to help fund more OVA's for the series or even start a fund to help a new series.

Last edited:
Commissario
OP
I think they've said if they succeed with this one it potentially opens the way for the others, but if it fails they might struggle to get the Japanese companies to approve trying the same route with later series.

Commissario
OP
I spotted alltheanime.com have the blu-ray set for Nadesico up for pre-order for £35, I've already got the R4, TRSI SE and ADV UK DVD's but I'll confess to being tempted by the blu-ray set.

I''d love to get Aria on BD, but I made the decision when I started collecting blu-rays that I was only going to buy ones that would play on an unmodified UK player.

Back
Top Bottom