• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

VEGA IS FINALLY HERE, ITS IN STOCK ALONG WITH SOME EPIC BUNDLES & FREESYNC DEALS!!

Soldato
Well the website limited quantity to 2-3pc for first ten minutes, but as they were selling so quick, we set it at 1pc. Looking at the orders, nearly all UK addresses so not miners, just people upgrading older AMD systems.
How do I get hold of the Steam Keys for the free games Gibbo? I received confirmation my order has been shipped but no details on how to claim the game keys...

Associate
Another launch , £600+ for a GPU with a price hike to come???

I was loathe to pay the £299 I paid (new) for my 1070 but knew it was a steal at the price, my hobby of casual pc gaming is at the point where I'm frankly most likely to go console next due to feeling like I'm being taken for a mug.

Yep, i built a Skylake system 18 month ago. I don't plan on upgrading anything until 2020/2021 (TV, GPU, etc). I'll evaluate how the PC market is then decide if i want to stick with it or go back to consoles.

GPU prices are a joke. Worse when you see that there is so much parity now between PC and consoles, with the PC version just getting a higher frame rate in games and not much else. It feels like a waste buying an expensive GPU when the games aren't even taking advantage of it. The days when devs would maximise a PC title that couldn't be done on consoles are long gone.

It's all to do with parity now.

Soldato
ill wait for volta, ti isnt worth it right now since it will be replaced in a few months
That doesnt really make sense. Volta will likely see a "2080" release that is the same speed as a 1080Ti and the same price cira £650. So basically you will be getting the same performance for the same money. Why wait? Exactly that happened when the 1080 released. You could buy a 980TI for the same money and similar performance.

Caporegime
Another launch , £600+ for a GPU with a price hike to come???

I was loathe to pay the £299 I paid (new) for my 1070 but knew it was a steal at the price, my hobby of casual pc gaming is at the point where I'm frankly most likely to go console next due to feeling like I'm being taken for a mug.

Shame, I've had PC's since the days of the p200, my future route will be second hand or most likely console, a great shame because I was very much a pc enthusiast with a triple screen setup to match, I doubt I'm the only one who feels like this and is considering their options for the future.

Reading the thread about GPU manufacturers profits just underlines my feelings.
Damn, the way things are atm many of us would bite your hand off if you offered us a 1070 new for £300. :p

A couple years ago I would have thought, "Hmm, that's a bit more than I'm willing to spend." Now I'm thinking, "If only a good mid-range card could be had as cheap as £300"!!!!!

Mission accomplished, I guess. All our expectations have been drastically changed.

Associate
Would like to thank you guys for looking after the gamers with that launch price of £449.

Not a miner, was speed reading reviews whilst waiting for overclockers to update the site.

OcUK Staff
OP
How do I get hold of the Steam Keys for the free games Gibbo? I received confirmation my order has been shipped but no details on how to claim the game keys...

If you paid £449 you do not get games, that was crystal clear.

If you paid higher price then they shall come via email in your web account.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Well I waited patiently, bought a nice freesync ultrawide monitor just 3 months ago in anticipation.

Finally saw that they wanted £450 for a crappy blower cooler Vega 64 which just about trades blows with a 1080FE, and a whopping £640 for a AIO version that costs the same as a 1080Ti but is about 30-40% slower.

After I stopped laughing, I composed myself and decided to give up on PC gaming for the foreseeable future and go console. I will cut my losses and try to sell the ultrawide monitor and recoup some of the money I spent on it I think. I'll go back to a lower resolution 16:9 so I can at least use my current PC to finish the games I have left.

Associate
Gibbo , how can i/we confirm that my/our order for one went through correctly ?

I placed and completed the order for a Sapphire Limited Edition at 14:19 and got the email saying order received.

Fingers Crossed that i have a new car on my desk tomorrow at some point.

Back
Top Bottom