• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

VEGA IS FINALLY HERE, ITS IN STOCK ALONG WITH SOME EPIC BUNDLES & FREESYNC DEALS!!

Caporegime
The 28th, so 2 weeks time :)
If wonder if Vega 56 is giong to be the same deal as today. Starts at £450, 30 mins in will be £550 :p The Vega 64 by that time will be £600+...

Prices seem detached completely from reality. I can only congratulate AMD for selling out, but I sure as heck can't explain it :p

Caporegime
So the price has gone from £450 to £550 already????

I'm in work and haven't had chance to read the the thread

No, £450 was just for the launch, as per Gibbo.

Lets get one thing crystal clear here!

Launch MSRP $499, a $100 reduction for launch, regular MSRP of $599, check a site such as newegg for confirmation:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...BESTMATCH&Description=RX+VEGA&N=-1&isNodeId=1

UK launch MSRP £449, a £100 reduction, yes we got a full £100 which worked favourably and much cheaper than you can buy one from US, remember US is excluding taxes. Now launch pricing is finished, so £549 which falls in line with $599 MSRP.

Soldato
The main reason for the price is the limited stock. Thats really not on Ocuk just AMD doesnt make enough cards. I guess it'll work out after a while of waiting and they'll be more choice of coolers so theres benefits to not buying launch also. Also you could blame Nvidia for not just allowing Freesync which is open to any maker. Maybe they are afraid of running out of cards themselves so stick to their license fee setup etc

Soldato
So £100 more than a 1080 for about the same performance but with higher power requirements? Literally be daft to not just get the 1080 lol. No use saving gsync tax on a monitor only to pay it back on the card

Caporegime
OcUK might be looking at more than a few cards being returned...

[–]jointheredditarmy -4 points 3 hours ago
I just ordered 4 of them... now the question is sit on them and wait for new drivers/miner/Bios mods which could take months? Or return and buy some more 1070s
permalinkembedreport

[–]nvidiasuksdonkey**** 17 points 3 hours ago
The stupidity of miners never ceases to amaze me, buying cards without even knowing their performance. lmao you guys got sold dreams by gibbo, a guy who works in a business that sells pc hardware.
permalinkembedparentreport

[–]jointheredditarmy -1 points 3 hours ago
that's alrite, free returns:)

[+]blakedc comment score below threshold (6 children)
[–]Skaggzz 3 points 3 hours ago
How did you manage to order 4 anyway, newegg was 1 per customer. And did you manage to get the silver LE for $599 or did u get the dumpier black standard edition for the same price?

[–]jointheredditarmy 0 points 3 hours ago
I'm in the UK, overclockers.co.uk did a secret "pre-launch" that's still going on for gamers, where they posted a direct link to the item in their gamers' forum but didn't list the item in store. 449 gbp which is like 580 bucks, its the sapphire one

[–]smokeweedandhash 2 points an hour ago
Yup, that secret forum announcement for gamers really worked.
https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMinin...x_vega_64_hashrates_out_of_box_only_3036_mhs/

Seems more than a few miners bought on impulse before reading reviews, and will simply return them if they can't get more than 30 mh/s.

Soldato
I'm sorry but the more I think about it it's clearer and clearer. As much as retailers are trying to claim they don't like miners and want gamers to buy cards. One thing is clear.
Vega 64 is currently priced for miners and is being bought by miners. why on earth else would someone pay £100 more than a 1080 on this power hungry card?
Facts be facts.
Can't help but think this will come back to bite them as folk move to consoles.

OcUK Staff
OP
it was 450 for 30 minutes or so after launch, then they felt the urge to cutthroat and push it to 550, clowns I tell ya, tbh that potato wasnt even worth the original 450.

AMD set the pricing, we had set allocation to sell at £450, the launch price of $499 as a stand alone card! Once sold out AMD would not support further and as such price had to be £549 with the games, regular price of $599

I've expressed my opinions to AMD and hope they will consider bringing the card back and support £449 unlimited, because whether or not you think they are worth £449, it seems 100's if not 1000's of customers think £449 is a good value price and want to buy, but of course £549 the sales are slowed, though still selling.

I personally would rather sell them at £449, sell thousands is better than selling a few hundred at £549.

OcUK Staff
OP
OcUK might be looking at more than a few cards being returned...

https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMinin...x_vega_64_hashrates_out_of_box_only_3036_mhs/

Seems more than a few miners bought on impulse before reading reviews, and will simply return them if they can't get more than 30 mh/s.

Ah gotta love review sites that quote one of my post out of context with later replies from me. More fool the idiots who read press sites and believe what they say, when they select just the snippets they want to select. I said an AIB has rumoured 70-100 hash rate, not confirmed. Funny how the press made it look like 70-100 was dead cert. People who read all my replies here would no that to be rumour but as always certain sites post up just parts of my replies here and take as gospel.

Thankfully we sold in single units but will be interesting to hear if our RMA team get calls from miners trying to return.

Associate
i dont get how 499usd msrp turns into 550gbp, a straight conversion of usd to gbp is about 380gbp, with taxes and imports your looking around 460gbp.... where is the 550 coming from?

gibbo said they msrp is 599usd but i dont see that anywhere, the "pack" bundle is 599usd but the card on its own is 499usd on newegg and with amd slides its also 499usd

i can pick any item on here and compare it to newegg and not have such a difference in pricing after conversions and taxes....

the salt inside me in bursting out in my skin i had to take 2 showers already.......

Associate
Ah gotta love review sites that quote one of my post out of context with later replies from me. More fool the idiots who read press sites and believe what they say, when they select just the snippets they want to select. I said an AIB has rumoured 70-100 hash rate, not confirmed. Funny how the press made it look like 70-100 was dead cert. People who read all my replies here would no that to be rumour but as always certain sites post up just parts of my replies here and take as gospel.

Thankfully we sold in single units but will be interesting to hear if our RMA team get calls from miners trying to return.

You knew what you were doing... lol

Soldato
AMD set the pricing, we had set allocation to sell at £450, the launch price of $499 as a stand alone card! Once sold out AMD would not support further and as such price had to be £549 with the games, regular price of $599

I've expressed my opinions to AMD and hope they will consider bringing the card back and support £449 unlimited, because whether or not you think they are worth £449, it seems 100's if not 1000's of customers think £449 is a good value price and want to buy, but of course £549 the sales are slowed, though still selling.

I personally would rather sell them at £449, sell thousands is better than selling a few hundred at £549.
450 is the reasonable price tbh. when compared to 1080

Back
Top Bottom