Work Toilets

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Some people are just disgusting.

I'm completely flabbergasted at my place, people wipe their boogers on the wall..... there's toilet roll in abundance right there!!!

Just the other day I was speaking to one woman at work who then went to the loo next door. I heard the flush and immediately she exited and continued on. No hand washing or anything. Most people in the average workplace are just grim.

I've seen workers who pick their ears and inspect the treasures, workers who pick their noses and taste the goodness, workers who don't give a flying monkeys about their own work environment or other hygiene and so on.

Soldato
Why would anyone poop at work, especially if the toilets are in such a state? Either go in the morning before a shower, or after work before a shower. I'd hate to be walking around all day with a crusty bumhole.

Soldato
at ours they had the slight issue that there were something like 2 toilets and 2 urinals to serve about 200 male employees, so they decided to add an extra toilet.

for a whole month the 200 employees had to deal with 2 portaloo's, suffice to say i held it in....

that said, on the whole they were reasonably clean, we had the "phantom ** Fully Star out all swearimg **" go round a few of the company buildings dropping logs on the floor who hit our building once, but aside from that it wasnt so bad.

the thing that gets me is non-enclosed cubicles, being as i am suffering from a certain auditory volume issue when doing one's business i feel the need to prevent such a soundtrack from unduly aggravating my fellow man. but of course non-enclosed cubicles require significant tactical timing to avoid this problem.

i'd wager "that guy" who appears to be in the cubicle for ages is someone like myself who doesn't wish to inflict his auditory prowess upon his fellow man and is instead waiting for you to leave.

of course this could be solved with either enclosed cubicles or a constant loud soundtrack played in the loo's in question

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Someone used to wipe their bogeys on the walls of the cubicles at our place. There would be 10's of the little crustys wiped on the walls in various cubicles across two buildings. It was pretty grim.

Soldato
Why would anyone poop at work, especially if the toilets are in such a state? Either go in the morning before a shower, or after work before a shower. I'd hate to be walking around all day with a crusty bumhole.

Why would you have a crusty bum hole, didn't anyone ever teach you how to wipe?!

Wow.

Caporegime
My work bogs are pretty immaculate or the occasional slash in the pan that some one didn't flush.

I did work on a rig in south Africa, south seas driller, and it was literally caked in crap in the locals toilet. They couldn't quite get to grips with toilets, so would stand on the seats, crap all over everything , except in the pan...

Soldato
Male toilets are generally worse than female toilets. But they have their own unique horrors. Like sanitary towels in the waste paper bin. I don't envy the guys who come round and empty the sanny bins. You must be able to smell the vans coming from streets away during summer.

Soldato
Can you catch anything from toilets
Yes, gonorrhea potentially...

That is an old belief & an incorrect one. Bacteria lives in the urethra, & urine is not sterile even in the bladder. Your urine contains epithelial cells & bacteria. This is normal.
If someone has a UTI or various cancers they can wee blood. In most cases that blood will only be detectable with testing not the naked eye.
I had a patient who got gonorrhea in his eye by putting urine on his sty to cure it. Only he didn't know he had an STD. The bloke nearly went blind. You are unlikely to catch anything from touching urine from a healthy person. Nonetheless avoid it.

Soldato
The only thing that comes to mind that is specific to one set of toilets is that urinals are more prone to blockages than toilets because the pipes are much narrower and flushed with much less water.
It should only be fluids going down the urinal, though. No solids at all. Pipe diameter should not matter, even if they're ¼".

Man of Honour
It should only be fluids going down the urinal, though. No solids at all. Pipe diameter should not matter, even if they're ¼".

Should be no solids at all, but isn't always. There's always someone. I've also been told by a plumber who came out to do repairs that in some situations a buildup of solids can occur from urine. Similar sort of thing to "furring" from "hard" water, but with different substances. There's not much flushing and the drainage pipe is usually at an extremely shallow angle, almost horizontal. Almost perfect for a buildup of anything that can build up.

See, for example, the comments in this thread in a plumbing forum:

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/threads/blocked-urinal-waste-pipe.27926/

Soldato
I have made an observation, the toilets in my office are all cubicles, no urinals at all. Now I have noticed that a lot of the gents who frequent said cubicles put the lid down after use, not just the seat, the lid as well. The frequency of this feels disproportionate to the frequency I would expect to see this done in the outside world. Anybody else experience this in their workplace? I have a theory it's because a large proportion of the chaps have very domineering wives, I need Tosno to confirm whether or not this makes my workplace "beta".

Soldato
My work bogs are pretty immaculate or the occasional slash in the pan that some one didn't flush.

I did work on a rig in south Africa, south seas driller, and it was literally caked in crap in the locals toilet. They couldn't quite get to grips with toilets, so would stand on the seats, crap all over everything , except in the pan...

Back in the Day, My parents visited South Africa. One of my Mums abiding memories was the sense of relief she felt, when having been caught short, in finding a Public Toilet with a sign on saying "Whites Only":p

Soldato
there's around 15 males in my building, 2 cubicles and 2 urinals.

The state someone leaves the cubical in is utterly vile, They have left logs on the seat of the toilet. It got to the point where the bosses were sending emails around as customers were using the same toilets.

Back
Top Bottom