So, the Championship season has started **Spoilers**

Don
What's your thoughts on the new signings Andy?

Personally, I reckon Siaz and Alioski are exactly what we needed last season. Both look menacing in attack and are very hard working.

We already knew about Sacko (fast as .... with no end product), but he's still developing - hoping he'll push on this season. Good signing just for his Twitter personality. ;)

The jury is still out on the new goalie Wiedwald, he doesn't seem confident at all with dealing with set pieces. Reminds me of Marco.

I agree on Saiz and Alioski, they look really exciting players. Sacko, I just feel was a waste of 2m, he's shown nothing that would suggest we should have bought him! All pace but can barely beat a man, he couldn't even knock it past a Port Vale player :(

Center mid there are plenty of options, again whether we should be dropping Bridcutt yet I'm unsure. He would be a player who would bite us if we sold him to another Champ team.

Defence and GK we need to address, certainly need someone to replace Cooper, he's an okay sub but not a starter, captain or not! I'm sick of his long balls too. Full backs we have sorted I think. Pennington will be the best pairing with Jansson but not sure on his injury. Keeper he's quite to distribute and looks comfortable with the ball at his feet but crosses he just looks like Green which is really annoying we haven't address that problem.

We still need a really good striker too!

Soldato
I agree on Saiz and Alioski, they look really exciting players. Sacko, I just feel was a waste of 2m, he's shown nothing that would suggest we should have bought him! All pace but can barely beat a man, he couldn't even knock it past a Port Vale player :(

Center mid there are plenty of options, again whether we should be dropping Bridcutt yet I'm unsure. He would be a player who would bite us if we sold him to another Champ team.

Defence and GK we need to address, certainly need someone to replace Cooper, he's an okay sub but not a starter, captain or not! I'm sick of his long balls too. Full backs we have sorted I think. Pennington will be the best pairing with Jansson but not sure on his injury. Keeper he's quite to distribute and looks comfortable with the ball at his feet but crosses he just looks like Green which is really annoying we haven't address that problem.

We still need a really good striker too!

I'd put Roofe in the same vain as Sako so far. He's tried to do too much, gets brushed off the ball too easily and hasn't been as helpful as players like Dallas for example in aiding in defensive duties. Hope he proves me wrong, but both have been poor from what we've seen.

I'd like to see a 4-1-4-1 attempted with hernandez and saiz as the center pairing together, maybe in the cup just to see if it works, as all the talk so far has revolved mostly around one or the other, with dallas and alioski on the outsides, wood up front. okane as CDM.

Soldato
Nice to see Assombalonga of the mark and 2 home wins on the bounce.

Wolves are looking good early on, 9 points from Boro, Derby and Hull... Not many would have predicted that!

Soldato
Would be a great result.. for them to concede 4 at home last weekend kind of gives me hope... I'm guessing your a Reading fan going by your post..

Well we managed a draw and considering were were absolutely battered from the 6th minute until the 95th minute I cant complain too much, but that was a mugging of criminal proportions :D

Soldato
Well we managed a draw and considering were were absolutely battered from the 6th minute until the 95th minute I cant complain too much, but that was a mugging of criminal proportions :D

Was great to get a point away and after getting an early lead...again, City gone back to their old ways when we had Lita and Cotterill scoring the late ones :D

Associate
I was at the Leeds game last night. Conor Shaunhassey spelt wrong I know. He was really good at the back in partnering Janson. I was worried initally and Anita didn't do so well but he was on his wrong side and out of position. The new LB should be ok for the game against Sunderland on saturday. Saiz was excellent with Hernandez and looked a real handful.

Soldato
Brentford: we've had the most shots and the highest possession in the league, and we're bottom of the table... This season is ******* me off so far.

Each game we've dominated, but we can't seem to buy any luck.

Associate
Tosh, I watched the game yesterday (Ipswich fan). Our strikers have been so clinical. I think our chance conversion rate at the moment is ridiculous. Your boys dominated possession for most parts and we resorted to hoof ball in the second half. Our defence was very solid though even though we had two full backs played central.

Don
Tosh, I watched the game yesterday (Ipswich fan). Our strikers have been so clinical. I think our chance conversion rate at the moment is ridiculous. Your boys dominated possession for most parts and we resorted to hoof ball in the second half. Our defence was very solid though even though we had two full backs played central.

Waghorn and Garner, I thought their days in the English leagues were done! Credit where credit is due!

I was really impressed with our win vs Sunderland, we were slow starters, again, like we are every away game it seems but once Cooper's epic defending to prevent Grabban scored we looked very comfortable. Alioski looks an absolute bargain, tormented PL defender Galloway all game until he was subbed. Saiz again looks a great buy, they just need to work on their strength. Hernandez getting injured is another downer on the win, we've been unlucky so far with injuries. Roofe I don't think is ever going to make it, I would sell him over Dallas if push comes to shove. Stick Dallas up top!

Wood is replaceable, his one dimensional play meant we had to accommodate our play style to suit him, he will be a success at Burnley as they play the same way, hence why a Championship striker in Vokes is succeeding in the PL! I think we've come on from Monk's rigid, defensive play and need a more all rounder. I don't think we will flunk 15m on anyone and will probably go for Arsenal's Akpom which is very underwhelming but I hope we get a few other alternatives in too. Ekuban looks okay but not good enough to lead a play off charge. Thank god Doukara hasn't featured yet.

Back
Top Bottom