Spec Me A Warhammer Game

Soldato
As the title says really, can anyone recommend a good warhammer (fantasy) game? Not bothered about genre. Total War, Mordheim & Vermintide are ones I've heard of, are they the best ones or are there anymore good ones out there?

Thanks.

Soldato
How old-school-ish are you prepared to go? Shadow Of The Horned Rat is great :) There's also Dark Omen (Sequel to Shadow Of The Horned Rat) & Mark Of Chaos

Oh...and there's Man O' War : Corsair - Warhammer Naval Battles

Associate
I hated mordhiem, good idea ruined by a cheap Ai and poor RNG system. Multiplayer maybe ok though.

Vermintide is good for a laugh with mates, but gets repititve very quick.

Warhammer total war is awesome, I have put 300 hours in and have dlc. If you like strategy games then get this. CA have done the old world justice.

Soldato
OP
How old-school-ish are you prepared to go? Shadow Of The Horned Rat is great :) There's also Dark Omen (Sequel to Shadow Of The Horned Rat) & Mark Of Chaos

Oh...and there's Man O' War : Corsair - Warhammer Naval Battles
Not that old schoolish tbh, was looking for a more recent title. But I'll have a look at those, cheers.

Soldato
total warhammer for sure. Unless you know you detest the total war franchise in all it's forms it'll do you VERY nicely.

There's some worthy DLC for it (though... maybe wait a bit, new one coming will affect things).
It's appeared in various places like the humble monthly too so you might find a deal on it.

It's the first in a planned trilogy (part 2 in a month or so). Each covering different parts of the old world with those who own others in the trilogy getting a combined campaign map covering both/all 3 (eventually) of the areas covered in each.

Soldato
OP
Thanks chaps.

Got Mordheim, TW Warhammer & some of the dlc (wood elves, chaos & blood god).

In TW I Started off as the empire and got my arse kicked, so started a new game as the dwarves and it's not going too bad. Their armies are slow as hell though, good job they can use the underway.

Soldato
Thanks chaps.

Got Mordheim, TW Warhammer & some of the dlc (wood elves, chaos & blood god).

In TW I Started off as the empire and got my arse kicked, so started a new game as the dwarves and it's not going too bad. Their armies are slow as hell though, good job they can use the underway.

Yeah, Dwarves are very new user friendly, you cannot go wrong with them, even if at end game having warriors and few good heroes.
TWW2 comes out next month, and few weeks later a patch to merge the 2 games together.

As for Mordheim, is absolute blast. On the squad based battle aspect, feels better than XCOM2, especially on the RPG elements.(lost limbs, eyes, special bonuses etc).

Try Scaven there, they are fun. :) but be mindful of the vampires. tough to kill at the start.

Back
Top Bottom