• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

VEGA IS FINALLY HERE, ITS IN STOCK ALONG WITH SOME EPIC BUNDLES & FREESYNC DEALS!!

Caporegime
Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Yet you have Powercolor cards at £629... So still willing to make silly margin when it suits you.

15% margin on a in short supply product, please tell me how 15% is silly when our operational cost are 4%, were not a charity, we are a business. Also Powercolor cost us more than Sapphire, because I guess TUL (parent group of Powercolor) actually want to make some money too.

IN the grand scheme of things this is not silly margin, if I was over 25% then I would be OK thats healthy, could make less, if it was over 30% then in component sales, yep silly margin and thats about as high as it gets. Anyone can see our accounts online, were not making 50%, not 25%, not even 20%, there is no silly margin here. If you want silly margin, well sex toys are a good avenue, we looked at some King Dongs, several 100%, but we thought it did not really fit our profile. ;)

OcUK Staff
OP
So there should be some kind of discount code for the forum users to be able to buy one at RRP then right?

Yes, RRP of $599, but with six units, NO! However a few hundred land next week, I shall activate a voucher code then to bring them down to around £580, which is around 8%, sorry simply not making less than that are new in demand product. Yes the free games will remain unless AMD authorise to start selling again at £449 and covering the loss such a price makes us.

OcUK Staff
OP
I don't know about that. Free lube with every GPU seems like a decent idea!

Yes GPU's are expensive, but the margin for the retailer is slim to next to nothing at SEP. Only the GPU manufacturer makes the real margin but in AMD's defence the margin is probably not amazing on VEGA because it uses HBM2.0 which is very expensive compared to GDDR5.

Associate
Yes, RRP of $599, but with six units, NO! However a few hundred land next week, I shall activate a voucher code then to bring them down to around £580, which is around 8%, sorry simply not making less than that are new in demand product. Yes the free games will remain unless AMD authorise to start selling again at £449 and covering the loss such a price makes us.

So the games are free and are not part of any rrp? But you can only sell with the games and this is $599 retail? Sorry to be a bore, just trying to get grasp on AMD pricing for retailers.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Yes GPU's are expensive, but the margin for the retailer is slim to next to nothing at SEP. Only the GPU manufacturer makes the real margin but in AMD's defence the margin is probably not amazing on VEGA because it uses HBM2.0 which is very expensive compared to GDDR5.

I don't think anyone is specifically saying you're at fault Gibbo. People are just saying even at a RRP of $599 the Vega 64 blower edition is overpriced for the performance it offers

Caporegime
I don't think anyone is specifically saying you're at fault Gibbo. People are just saying even at a RRP of $599 the Vega 64 blower edition is overpriced for the performance it offers

Overpriced for gamers yeah but I can't see why gamers would be buying them still at this inflated price when they have been had for £450, it's obvious it's not gamers still snapping them up for that price.

Associate
If you want silly margin, well sex toys are a good avenue, we looked at some King Dongs, several 100%, but we thought it did not really fit our profile. ;)
:D

Are you sure there isn't an adult section of the shop only accessible by password that you may post on the forum (to obviously deter minors)?

On second thoughts, that's a bad idea as Wccftech will soon find out and will post a story about it meaning that every Tom, Dick and Harriet will grab all the good deals.

Gibbo, on a serious note, thanks for being so candid. It's a rare thing nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom