How cheap should a used Corsair CX to buy?

Soldato
talking about the older CX range.

Basically I got a 775 system yesterday for £5 which came with some crappy 255w atx psu, plan to upgrade it for some best as can gaming in Anno 2205, so I need a dedicated graphics card(found a 5870 for £15), but need a good psu otherwise no point and by the time I got the tower a CX600 for £15 I was looking at got sold and while I had no issues with a new cx 430, that range do seem to pop up more for anything better than cheap rubbish unless I get lucky with something from evga or something, but I'm wondering how cheap A user CX range unit needs to be a worthy buy?

Other than that 600 and the 430, I saw a coolermaster 460w which isn't an 80 anything and is £20. Not trying to skimp on the life line, just can't afford anything new that's good enough for twin 6 pins as I don't really want another 750.

Soldato
I would be very wary with used cheap capacitor PSUs.
Where good PSU with high quality capacitors can operate decade with lots of power on hours cheap capacitor PSUs can start wearing out after couple years if usage hours are high.

So would look at what kind use it has seen.
Was use some enthusiast use or some hour or two in average per day for reading emails etc.

Back
Top Bottom