Cutting and copying massive graphic from PDF to edit

Soldato
This is a small issue I have.

Im trying to work ona Motorbike and I have the Wiring diagram in PDF format and I can zoom right in and have very good quality.

I can zoom the image to a point and get a full screen shot and sure, thats ok I recon, and I have done that, but what I would love to do, is grab the entire thing in all its full details to then paste into a graphics program, so that I can then go through all the wiring and colour them in with their correct colours instead of everything being black.

What I have kind of started doing, is simply zooming in and grabbing chunks, and then bit-by-bit, Im building the thing back up, and its almost definite that by the time I get a reply, I will most likely be finished, but can anyone else tell me how I can do this?

Soldato
I use pdf-xchange + pdfcreator : print from pdfx-change to A0 paper with say a 500% blow-up to pdf creator,
this gives a high/zoomed res (scrollable) pdf version.
can then annotate(comments/text) that in pdfx-change, or print it as multiple a4 sheets.
That may work, but maybe there is a tool that will extract the jpg directly.
have this work flow for family tree processing

Soldato
OP
Ok cheers guys.

I dont have many graphics apps. 99% of anythign I do, I use MSPaint as that does everything I need ... 99% of the time... This is that 1% though LOL

I got GIMP and PaintShop Pro 8 so they should be capable yes?

I will install them and try importing the PDF then... Never even thought about that in all honesty.

If that does not work, then I will look into pdf-xchange / pdfcreator.

I was thinking about Adobe Acrobat but only thinking... I know there are cheaper or free optiopns out there that can edit PDFs.

Thanks guys.

Soldato
OP
AHA, brilliant!

I installed PSP8 and it did import the main manual, each page as a seperate pic, which was great, but it was pitifully low rez. Utterly useless.

The Wiring Diagram wouold not import due to it containing extentions that PSP8 didnt have? - No I dunno?

So, I downloaded pdf-xchange, had a bit of a fright when it suddenly asked me to pay, but I ignored that and installed it where it offered me the free version and I went there and sure enough, it imported, I looked and found export and image and I did that.

Made a small error in exporting it at 5000% instead of 500% and when its a BMP it came out a little big.

MSPAINT failed to import but PSP8 imported it fine and after shrinking it back down to a normal size, Im good to go and MSPAINT imports it now too!

So many many thanks... This is EXACTLY whan I want.

Back
Top Bottom