PPI Claiming

Associate
Got a letter from Capital One today. They are giving me a check from £350 despite flately turning me down a couple of years ago. (Back then i used the Martin Lewis template letters this time i used Resolver)

Just waiting on a Natwest one now which could well be a thousand which would be nice but i wont get my hopes up.

Mines the exact opposite nothing. 2 rejected claim. 1 time barred me. 1 saying they cant trace it. Total nil nada lol

Soldato
Well Canada Square Operations just came back to me about my egg loan, they are going to send me a cheque for just over £5k, way more than I ever imagined! I'm very happy, hope the cheque comes soon.

Associate
time bar!? Thought we still had a way to go before there was a cut-off!?

No not that time barr. Mbna said they wrote to me in 2013 and that started a 3 year clock ticking, f I didn't reply within 3 years I was time barred. I never receved any such letter but they say they sent it and that's the end of it.

Associate
Before becoming an electrician I was a sales vulture at a well know PC and Technology company.

I was well briefed on PPI and was one of those guys that offered PPI to customers when they took finance out on a computer. So I knew full well it was a load of twaddle and made sure I never accepted PPI on any purchases I made myself.

But still I would get the cold calls so I caved in and said "go on find something".

So find something they did, after trawling through my credit history they found I had an old credit card with Virgin Money. It turned out that I was eligible for a massive payout.

47 PENCE.

That was it, suffice to say the agents did not demand their 20% cut on this occasion.

Associate
Did you know that PPI payouts have had a bigger effect on stimulating the economy than the entire Quantitive Easing policy.

Funny that putting a few grand in the hands of ordinary folks goes a long way compared to put a few million into the accounts of international banking companies

Associate
How far back can you claim?

I had a loan with Lloyds/Black Horse back in the mid 90's which I'm 99% certain would have had some for of loan protection on it. Am I able to claim, that's if someone can find a record of it, of course?

If so, who's best to do the digging for something that far back, a third party of some sort of me to the bank direct?

It sticks in my memory, because I fell out with Lloyds and went and moved to Barclays. Upon doing so Llyods automatically paid off the remaining balance of the loan with Black Horse, which really peeved me as I was more than happy to continue paying it off via a direct debit to Black Horse.

Soldato
I've had another cheque for £7318 from RBS.

I've got one more claim left which is the HSBC. That claim is upheld, I'm just waiting to hear back from the HSBC to see how much it is. Running total so far is £23.5k

Started all this in May, so quite please with the result thus far.

Associate
Went through the resolve website the other day and had my first rejection from Capital One even though I know I had it. They did say the rules are changing this month so if I am due anything with the rule change they will let me know.

Associate
How far back can you claim?

I had a loan with Lloyds/Black Horse back in the mid 90's which I'm 99% certain would have had some for of loan protection on it. Am I able to claim, that's if someone can find a record of it, of course?

If so, who's best to do the digging for something that far back, a third party of some sort of me to the bank direct?

It sticks in my memory, because I fell out with Lloyds and went and moved to Barclays. Upon doing so Llyods automatically paid off the remaining balance of the loan with Black Horse, which really peeved me as I was more than happy to continue paying it off via a direct debit to Black Horse.

I had a loan back in the 90s too, recently started a claim with Lloyds.Got a TXT tonight saying they were in the final stages of their investigation and would know if i'm owed anything soon.
I just went to the LLoyds website and they have a section for PPI.

Associate
I had a loan back in the 90s too, recently started a claim with Lloyds.Got a TXT tonight saying they were in the final stages of their investigation and would know if i'm owed anything soon.
I just went to the LLoyds website and they have a section for PPI.

Useful & interesting to know.

This was definitely with Black Horse, not that that should make any difference.

What info did you manage to supply Lloyds, as some of what I remember is a little vague now :)

Associate
Useful & interesting to know.

This was definitely with Black Horse, not that that should make any difference.

What info did you manage to supply Lloyds, as some of what I remember is a little vague now :)

Mine was with the TSB, i had no info account numbers or loan details,all i supplied was name and addresses i had lived at along with the address of the bank that i used at the time.

Associate
First confirmed payout coming to me from MBNA. £15 plus 13 years interest. About £30 all in after tax. I didn't know I had it on that card but I'm sure if I did I used it more than that lol. Time to try and dig out any statements in storage at the parents lol.

Associate
I'm sure I've never signed up for any extra protection/insurance voluntarily, so is it still worth getting somebody to check if I'm owed anything? I've always told cold callers etc that I've checked and im not owed anything, but I'm thinking maybe I should let somebody check? If so, who and how? And how are people getting so much back, is it over and above the amount they actually spent on these protection products?

Soldato
Hi guys. Sorry, I've not read through this thread yet but will do.

I've just received a call about PPI from a company called helpyourclaim. No win no fee basis. I thought I'd see the phone call through, I normally don't bother with these things.

Anyway, based on my mortgage with the Halifax which has run for 30 years since 1987 and finishes in November (I extended it in 2012 for home improvements), he said if I'm successful, I'd get £480 for every year, totalling £14, 400. They take 30%+vat but he said I would get 8% interest for each year. He said they have a 35% success rate.

He's sending me a form to sign and return. They take up to a month to process and I'd get money around 10 to 15 weeks later.

My mortgage started as an endowment mortgage with Legal & General and Halifax, and then I changed to a repayment mortgage with just Halifax a few years ago.

What do you think are the chances of me being successful? Would PPI have been sold 30 years ago?

Sgarrista
Commissario
Is there a company anyone would recommend?

My parents have both had various banks, loans, cards, endowments, etc etc etc and frankly, they sucked at keeping paperwork. Told them just to hand it to a company to do the donkey work for them, even with a large cut taken out, it will be better than not doing it.

Back
Top Bottom