The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Soldato
Just received the Tenba DNA 15 today. In truth, it's a bit big for my current photography gear, but I intend to remove the insert and use it as my uni bag during the week. Early impressions are excellent though... Great build quality, some genuinely clever design features, and while looks are of course entirely subjective, aesthetically it's pretty good. Very happy!

Associate
POsvPlJh.jpg

Trying out some new lens recently, bought myself a sigma 50 ART and then tried out a rented Nikon 70-200 IF. So, here I'm now with a Tamron 70-200 G2 and the sigma going back...

Associate
Don't like the Sigma 50 Art?

I really liked it but I went through 2 that needed some serious calibration, one was so far out I couldn't adjust enough with the sigma dock. Even once it was calibrated I found it wasn't perfect at focusing and I end up shooting at other focal lengths.

I'll get another ART lens in the future but it will be the 85 or 135.

Caporegime
I really liked it but I went through 2 that needed some serious calibration, one was so far out I couldn't adjust enough with the sigma dock. Even once it was calibrated I found it wasn't perfect at focusing and I end up shooting at other focal lengths.

I'll get another ART lens in the future but it will be the 85 or 135.

Sounds like I got lucky with my copy, it's as good as my L lenses.

Associate
Back
Top Bottom