IN WIN 101 Midi-Tower Case

Associate
OP
Just wondering how your getting on with the 101. I'm currently torn between this the new glass define ç and meshify c. Any words of advice now you've had the 101 for a little bit

Doing Great, Due to having 2 fan on front side instead is great ...No dust particles flying all over the hardware or on floor,
no more taking front panel off is another big plus, only one thing i noticed,
PSU, My Silverstone plat 750w got short PCI-E cables so at to go along to back top of the graphics card to connect them, it was not long enough to go under the gfx card,
due to the way the PSU is further away at top of the case. as seen in my picture up some posts.

This may only apply to some PSU's & Placing a Mini ITX card, in this case, would make some PCI-e cables not reach & Only way would be to Take the PCI-e Cable from the top hole of PSU enclosure & a crossed the motherboard

Last edited:
Associate
Doing Great , Due to having 2 fan on front side instead is great ...No dust particles flying all over the hardware or on floor ,
no more taking front panel off is another big plus , only one thing i noticed ,
PSU , My Silverstone plat 750w got short PCI-E cables so at to go along to back top of the graphics card to connect them , it was not long enough to go under the gfx card ,
due to way the PSU is further away being at top of case. as seen in my picture up some posts.

This may only apply to some PSU's & Placing a Mini ITX card in this case would make some PCI-e cables not reach & Only way would be to Take the PCI-e Cable from the top hole of PSU enclosure & a crossed the motherboard
Good to know. You take hard to find many builds and reviews from this case. I'd really like to see how it gets on with the intake fans along the bottom. Also I believe the 101c should be out at some point. I'd like the usb type c

Associate
OP
Yep Extra Bonus with a Type C port on top , Wonder how much more that push the price up , All the other cases you said about.
Meshify C ..so forth I would not be interested in due to the fact they all the same as my older cases Enthoo Pro M Window Edition & Corsair 400c Cases in design
with PSU enclosure at the bottom
front panel to take off
thumb screws to take Glass panel off

With 101 Its Diff with only thin tempered glass light panel & 2 sec pull up & out & thin border
around the side like a picture frame & no front panel to take off & no dust when using the front side 2 x 120mm fan mount.

Bottom of the 101 case where you can place 3 x 120mm fans or rad,
The gap from under the case dust filter to ground is 2cm from air intake,
Would think air be ok but the long dust filter would gather dust Easy,
But its also good to know the filter is easy to remove & from the side instead of the back of the case.

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks again. I hoping the 101c is out soon then I'll make my decision, price dependent of course. I like the fact the 101 is different from the norm. I'm also concerned that the GPU bracket would end up hitting a GPU fan but again the lack of video reviews doesn't she's much light on this. The meshify is still tempting also, the slightly smaller size keeps drawing me back to it.

Associate
OP
IN WIN 101 Is smaller by the way ..just checked with tape

Meshify C
Case dimensions (LxWxH)
395 x 212 x 440mm
Case dimensions - with feet/protrusions/screws
409 x 217 x 453mm

IN-WIN 101 (LxWxH)
370 X 210 X 445mm

I am After the IN-WIN A1 Cube Case ITX for my spare itx intel z170 mobo , still some time i think before rel

Last edited:
Associate
IN WIN 101 Is smaller by the way ..just checked with tape

Meshify C
Case dimensions (LxWxH)
395 x 212 x 440mm
Case dimensions - with feet/protrusions/screws
409 x 217 x 453mm

IN-WIN 101 (LxWxH)
370 X 210 X 445mm

I am After the IN-WIN A1 Cube Case ITX for my spare itx intel z170 mobo , still some time i think before rel
370mm length. Everywhere shows this at 480mm?

Associate
I got the 101 last week and fitted it out with a 360+240 rad. Loving the case.

Will try get some pics up but they wernt showing in new case gallery thread cos of using photobucket.

Associate
Any with this case able to tell me if a 360 on the Bottom with a 240 on the back will be able to fit?

I like the look of this case but still want to fit a full loop in it with plenty of cooling potential

Associate
Any with this case able to tell me if a 360 on the Bottom with a 240 on the back will be able to fit?

I like the look of this case but still want to fit a full loop in it with plenty of cooling potential

I done it, look 2 posts up :) #29

Couldnt squeeze second fan on 240 but maybe with a slim rad or fan.

Associate
OP
Having the PSU fan face down in case at top is Fine , My Silverstone 750w Plus Platinum Modular Power Supply ,
still works same from having it on bottom in the corsair 400c to Now this case at top , this psu Fan only spins when in a heavy load game .
i like it at top as i can see when the fan spins :)

note: being at top of the case you get no dust, not like at bottom where the dust builds up fast
on the PSU filter.

Note 2: Having the 2 x 120mm fans at front side, I noticed no dust at all over the hardware &
none of the fans on the floor of the case , So that's another bonus not having fans the old way in front & no having to take the stiff front panel off like I did on the 400c.

The 101 a little longer than say the "Meshify C" due to having the fans on side, but well worth it.

also to note the 101 got the latest lite 3mm tempered glass side panel that pulls out & up in 2 secs.
all other brands i see with tempered glass are heavy 4mm/5mm side panels.

The 101 GPU Bracket i not used so i cant say about that, but i am sure in-win would have tested it out
to make sure it doesn't touch the GPU fan under underneath.

Big price diff from the 101 £62.99 & Meshify C £89.99

Last edited:
Associate
Finally picked up the 101, didn't bother waiting for the 101c. I don't need rgb and have type c at the back so the extra price wouldnt have been worth it. Thanks for the information you all have I'm more than happy with the case

Back
Top Bottom