Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady Golovkin+ other fights 16/9 **Super fight**/Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Associate
GGG has looked more 'beatable' in his last few fights, Alvarez is a good fighter, and has come a long way since his 2013 loss to Mayweather...however I think he's been protected a bit too much by his promoters, so it will be an interesting fight for sure!

Soldato
Cannot wait for this fight should be amazing! I think Canelo on points.
Is it GGG that claims to have never been knocked down in his pro career? If anyone has a chance to end that it's Alvarez

Soldato
Why do both the American hosts of that round table find it necessary to shout rather than speak? It puts me off watching them, particularly Max Kellerman who comes across as an obnoxious douche. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this fight, I've got GGG to win by knockout.

Permabanned
^ Kellerman is a good analyst but an awful interviewer/host.

Anyway, I think it'll be very competitive, with a few rough patches for both, but GGG holds together better and stops him mid/late.

Caporegime
I wish we could keep all boxing discussion within the boxing thread?

If our heavyweight world champion V one of the all time heavyweight greats was not deemed worthy of its own thread, I don't know why this should be.

Same goes for the Mayweather/McGregor farce.

Don
Can you explain why it's easier to have discussions about multiple huge fights in one thread?

@robfosters Nobody deemed the Joshua fight not worthy of it's own thread. Unfortunately too many people are scared to start new threads. And the Mayweather/McGregor fight will 100% be having it's own thread it's far easier to follow that having it discussed in both the boxing and mma thread.

Caporegime
Can you explain why it's easier to have discussions about multiple huge fights in one thread?

@robfosters Nobody deemed the Joshua fight not worthy of it's own thread. Unfortunately too many people are scared to start new threads. And the Mayweather/McGregor fight will 100% be having it's own thread it's far easier to follow that having it discussed in both the boxing and mma thread.
Yeah, agree with you on the Mayweather fight, but still say discussion on the GGG fight should be kept within the boxing thread, otherwise we are doing what you say, having to keep up with the boxing thread and the dedicated fight thread.

Soldato

Clearly the Mayweather is a one off and as you rightly say needs its own thread, but multiple huge fights never happen on the same night or very rarely so a "boxing thread" in essence gives each fight its own thread without the mess of the inevitable cross posting between the boxing thread and its own thread.

Don
Yeah, agree with you on the Mayweather fight, but still say discussion on the GGG fight should be kept within the boxing thread, otherwise we are doing what you say, having to keep up with the boxing thread and the dedicated fight thread.
Clearly the Mayweather is a one off and as you rightly say needs its own thread, but multiple huge fights never happen on the same night or very rarely so a "boxing thread" in essence gives each fight its own thread without the mess of the inevitable cross posting between the boxing thread and its own thread.

I disagree. Yes, huge fights won't be on the same night however we don't just discuss them on the night, we're talking about fights months in advance. I don't see why it's an issue that when a big fight is announced, that we have a separate thread for it. I think it will be much cleaner and easier if we had all the GGG/Canelo chat in here rather than it being mixed up in chat about the 50 other fights that there will be between now and the night of the fight. I'm sure there will be the odd user that posts in the general boxing thread but I have no problem moving them.

Obviously this will only apply to major fights but I see zero reason why they shouldn't have their own thread and why it's not better that they do.

Soldato
It's sad that this fight is getting no hype yet thanks to the Mayweather v McGregor circus it's just been completely overshadowed

Associate
I see McGregor/Mayweather as a sporting spectacle as opposed to a genuine display of boxing excellence which is exactly what this should be.

I'd like GGG to win and then to hang em up, I think he's waning and if he does beat Canelo it has to cement him as a genuine legend.

Back
Top Bottom