Is the Razer Mamba Chroma Wireless worth the £140+ price tag?

Soldato
I really loved my old deathadder and wanted a wireless version of that mouse. I've been using a steelseries sensei wireless for 4 months and don't really like it. I really want wireless though.

This Razer Mamba wireless worth the price?

Anyone here have this mouse?

Thanks

Associate
I own that m8. I wanted wireless and at the time it was between this and the logitech g900. I got the mamba mainly because of the docking station....I personally like it and the software is OK. Is it worth the price ...that my friend is really down to you...I was lucky I could afford it liked the look so bought it. Also I bought the g900 just to see if I had bought the right mouse. . Put it like this the g900 is still in its box just waiting to be used if the razer gets broken. Is the mamba the best mouse around....once again m8 .it's all down to the user . I like it use it every day and if I'm honest I would miss it if it got broken. Dude no matter what you buy somebody will claim a different mouse is better for half the money......If you want it go for it dude....let me know how you go....

Associate
I was in the same boat as you, iv'e owned 4 deathadders and bought the Mamba chroma wireless. Its a good mouse, not a great mouse , theres a noticeable difference between wired and wireless, its not night and day but i still noticed it whilst playing fast paced shooters. Its very heavy compared to the deathadder and unlike its previous iterations the battery isn't replaceable.

Battery life is very Average and not what i expected. Switches are superb and the scroll wheel fantastic. As for the dock its a great idea but now and again it will refuse to charge when the pc sleeps which can be a pain.

Would i buy it again ? Probably not, imho the deathadder is the better all round mouse and ergonomically better if your a palm user.

Like the guy above i also have the G900, it took some getting used too but its now my go-to wireless mouse for gaming and day to day tasks, its only let down being the scroll wheel.

A wireless mouse unless you NEED it to be wireless is just a luxury, if you can afford it with ease then no problem, if your trying to justify the expense then there is equally good wired mouse out there.

Check out rocket jump ninja on youtube as he does the best mouse reviews out there.

Last edited:
Associate
I got the mamba but can only use it wired now, after a few months the battery died basically expanded all deformed, its a lovely mouse tho feels great

Soldato
I found my old 1st gen Mamba the other week and tried using it but the sensor was knackered, but really liked the wireless feature. Went ahead and bought the Chroma version. It's a great mouse, could be better when making small movements like adjusting volume etc but ingame it's absolutely fine.

My only gripe is that the cursor lags when you use the chroma configurator, so I tend to keep it as the standard wave. Spent half hour setting up a beastly gradient wave animation and then wondered why the cursor felt really laggy. Pinned it down to when the gradients loop on the configurator.

Would I say its worth it? To me it is, because I really like it. But honestly, it's a luxury mouse, you'll get as good if not better performance from a Steelseries Rival 300 which is a similar shape and arguably a better sensor.

Associate
I had the 2012 Wireless Mamba and used it for over 6 months, but then the wireless function stopped working and the back button on the mouse also broke. It was a good mouse to start with and I enjoyed the freedom that came with it, but the software and mechanical issues just let it down and as a result I will never buy another Razer product ever.

I went back to Wired Mice and settled on a SS 300 CSGO fade version and never looked back.

Soldato
I say no but it depends on what fits your hand, I mean a Deathadder I have which costs £50 new gives me cramp yet the Cooler Master Havoc I got for £20 fits me so much better that I play better with it.

Back
Top Bottom