Aorus Owner's Lounge

Associate
@matzie MendIT are AORUS/Gigabyte's UK repair and parts partner.

They are happy to ship me a replacement keyboard after the Doris knocked a can of monster all over it.

Soldato
Yes, i did. But my issue is that the key itself is getting PHYSICALLY stuck. :(

Oh duh sorry I just saw someone posting about a keyboard and assumed t would be another firmware issue :D.

My backspace key actually has a bit of card under it as it wouldent activate the button i pressed the left side of it. Maybe you could try the same to see if it stops the sticking?

Associate
Could you please point out specifically what lights? (X5 v6 user)

Specifically, the lights on the bottom right of the laptop, numpad side, one each for Bluetooth, Wireless, HDD load, Battery and Brightness.

Soldato
Specifically, the lights on the bottom right of the laptop, numpad side, one each for Bluetooth, Wireless, HDD load, Battery and Brightness.

So haven taken a look i can't find anyway to turn them off. They don't really bother me personally too much but i can see exactly where you are coming from. The ability to turn off any lights one might consider garish is a must.

Associate
Any positive reviews from new owners?!

Well, I'm using it at a LAN now and it performs well at least in games.

However, another issue I've found is that there's some flex in the top part/lid of the laptop. So you can push it in and there's a very noticeable popping of the lid. Not great build quality at all.

I've got the old X7 setup next to me and it does not have this same issue.

Soldato
Was seriously considering ditching my desktop for a gaming laptop, narrowed it down to an Airbus model. So I read most of this thread today and I'm feeling quite put off. Really not sure what to do.

Associate
Was seriously considering ditching my desktop for a gaming laptop, narrowed it down to an Airbus model. So I read most of this thread today and I'm feeling quite put off. Really not sure what to do.

Not sure about others problems but my Airbus X5V6 hasn't missed a beat. Stunning machine.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep

Hi bakes0310,

Please note that this thread was created to give the best of service and support to all users and has been live for more than 2 years. Of course, this means that all problems, issues and failures are condensed, and for sure it isn't a perfect world, but we don't hide from problems and I think it is fair to say that in general we have given customers the service they need should they encounter a problem.

It is obviously disappointing when any failure happens, but it is the nature of our world, and we continue to work hard to improve all elements of our product and service to reduce and adverse customer experiences.

Thanks to @harry5522 and @MiSJAH for the positive posts.

As is the way of the world, very few people come and speak of positive experience (although we know there are plenty here), but its human nature to be vocal when problems occur.

If you have any further questions regarding product, availability or support, please let us know and we will endeavour to assist you in your purchasing decision.

Airbus...... first time we hear this,,,,, and Airlingus..... he he.

Team AORUS

Soldato
Thanks atom. I do have some questions if you don't mind, but it's open to everyone.
1. Has anyone gone from a high-end gaming PC with a big resolution to one of these laptops. Was it a huge adjustment even some regret?
2. Can the best aorus laptop play any optimised game at max setting with smooth gameplay.
3. If I want max settings and smooth gameplay for aslong as possible should I look at the non 4k screen laptops?

Soldato
Thanks atom. I do have some questions if you don't mind, but it's open to everyone.
1. Has anyone gone from a high-end gaming PC with a big resolution to one of these laptops. Was it a huge adjustment even some regret?
2. Can the best aorus laptop play any optimised game at max setting with smooth gameplay.
3. If I want max settings and smooth gameplay for aslong as possible should I look at the non 4k screen laptops?

#1 Yes i came from a high end desktop ( dual 1080tis on a 6700k ) with a ultrawide resolution ( 3440x1440 @ 100hz ) and i went to a x5v6 with 120hz 1080p screen and a gtx 1070.

Thoughts : Knowing what i know now would i have made the same purchase? Yes, BUT i think i would have held out on saving for a little longer instead of selling the system. And i definitely would not have gotten rid of the monitor. i Do miss the ultra wide aspect ratio. However the screen on my aorus is lovely especially for gaming, having 120hz and gsync is just a life worth living. Was it a huge adjustment? eerm no i wouldn't say it was other than screen size had me off guard for a little while.

#2 Yes absolutely im pretty sure the highest end ones have a gtx 1080 in them? mine only has a gtx 1070 and it absolutely stomps everything i throw at it. If you would like to see any benchmarks let me know here is my steam library with quite a large selection of games so if you want to see any of them benched i will happily do so with videos included.

#3 I would say either look at 1080p or 1440p if they have an offering in that size. I am not personally a fan of super high resolution on laptops as it does a few things. Drains the battery life some what faster. Due to the screen size makes scaling pretty much a necessity and windows scaling is a bit poo. And you also tend to lose out on must have features like gsync and high refresh rates.

Any questions give me a shout i will gladly answer anything as honestly as i can.

EDIT : Also in regards to any benchmarks i could also benchmark them at 4k with DSR as all evidence indicates DSR is a 1:1 performance match to any native resolution +/- 2 FPS. So would be a pretty accurate indication as to 4k performance.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks Harry. I would pick the
AORUS X7 DT V7-CF2.

Not interested in 4k Res as it's too demanding and I would want the laptops performance to last longer. I use a 14" laptop for work and I think 17" would be pretty good, but I'm still not sure how I could get over my 34". Will I still be immersed in my games.
A big plus over my 34" is that these laptops have 120hz and gsync I hear that's rather nice.
What sort of performance do you get on Witcher 3 max settings?

Soldato
Thanks Harry. I would pick the
AORUS X7 DT V7-CF2.

Not interested in 4k Res as it's too demanding and I would want the laptops performance to last longer. I use a 14" laptop for work and I think 17" would be pretty good, but I'm still not sure how I could get over my 34". Will I still be immersed in my games.
A big plus over my 34" is that these laptops have 120hz and gsync I hear that's rather nice.
What sort of performance do you get on Witcher 3 max settings?

I have to say that yes, you will be slightly less immersed in games without the ultrawide, thats how i have felt at least( i have somewhat fixed this with the addition of a vr headset ) however you could always keep your desk setup the same without the pc and have the same experience when you get home. Especially with the X7 DT V7 CF2 the adition of a thunderbolt port is a huge bonus and something i wish my x5 v6 had. You could get a little dongle and plug in your mouse, keyboard, microphone, ethernet cable, even your monitor, and anything else you may have. And then plug that one thunderbolt cable into the laptop and you have a fully fledged desktop experience. I unfortunately have to fiddle around quite a bit with cables and that does bug me a little.

in my honest opinion 120hz and gsync ( or freesync ) are a must with any medium/high end panel nowadays and i think it would be silly to buy into anything that doesn't have this. As both are game changing

I will benchmark some W3 now, though my laptop and the one you are looking at are slightly different in performance. Mine is a 1070 at 1080p whilst yours is a QHD ( 2560x1440 i think ) so a little harder to push but not mind boggling.

Back
Top Bottom