DELETED_196066

Associate
If your budget is £9k why wouldn't you go for the new Intel X platform?

Also... Why such an extreme building just for gaming...?

Associate
Why? Even with a limitless amount of money there is little point spending this much money on a gaming PC the benefits will be negligible to something 75% cheaper.

Soldato
Do you think I could make it anymore OP with any small changes
A 'go faster stripe' down the side of the case...

@muzzymemsale you need to edit out the partpicker from your post as it links to competitors and its against forum rules.

You could copy page and crop image without links in view then upload or list all components...

Associate
I checked the new intel x series processors but are they really worth it? I guess i could wait and see.
The i9-7980XE looks nice but will probably be very expensive. I could move the budget up a little i guess.. ;)

Well, I'd say absolutely not. But then if you asked me the same question about any build over £2000, I'd give you the same answer :p

Future proofing is a myth. Give it two years and you're outdated, regardless of how much you spent on your spaceship rig.

Soldato
"My budget for this is around £9000."

Spend max £2000 and be happy with it. Pocket the rest. Spending more than that is just a bit stupid. Put about £500-£1000 in a 7.1 sound setup, because little point getting a PC and making do with PC squeekers

Soldato
I removed the link. I spent 10 mins looking for the rules and i couldnt find them. :(

Anyway, that's a great idea! I'm going to invest in some go faster led stripes! XD

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/help/boardRules/ ;)

Welcome to the Forum as well :)

As for the PC you will see diminishing returns above a certain price point. You end up just spending it for the sake of it i.e A £400 Motherboard when a £200 will do exactly the same thing.

If you want something pre-built then Overclockers have the 8Pack systems which you can tweak to your liking (Just need to speak to the shop). Otherwise I would personally look at AMD Threadripper or Ryzen over Intel SkyLake-X. You get far better value for money and in terms of gaming it holds it's own very well.

Soldato
evidently, but 9 grand budget? madness begets madness

I could spec a £3K pc and a £6K pc for example and they would both have pretty much the same performance. You just get to a point where spending more doesn't necessarily get you a better system, as you just end up picking the most expensive parts.

Associate
I could spec a £3K pc and a £6K pc for example and they would both have pretty much the same performance. You just get to a point where spending more doesn't necessarily get you a better system, as you just end up picking the most expensive parts.
without a doubt, hence why im not the one asking the question on this thread :)

Soldato

What about having solid 24K gold case thumb screws?

Back
Top Bottom