noblechairs ICON PU leather review.

Caporegime
Noblechairs2_zps7kjyntvc.jpg~original

OcUK Product page - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/noblechairs-icon-gaming-chair-black-gc-00h-nc.html

noblechairs Product page - https://www.noblechairs.com/p/icon-series-black

Today I have something a little different, a £320 chair from noblechairs, is this chair worth £320 of your money is the question?

Gaming chairs have become ever increasingly popular from roughly 5 years ago and now can be found in many events not just gaming orientated, maybe you want a nice comfortable office chair? maybe you are not a gamer but have another occupation that requires long periods of sitting down and need a sturdy and comfortable chair.

The new noblechair ICON series available in PU leather or real leather sets out to fill those criteria.

A few of the highlighted features are,

• 2yr warranty
• BS 5852 fire certification
• 1.5mm steel construction
• 480mm - 580mm seat height adjustment
• 180Kg maximum user weight

Packaging

DSC_0812_zpsezozdvjn.jpg~original

This is the box it arrived in. It surprised me by just how heavy it is! even the DPD driver was cursing me and it lol, it is almost a two man lift if you want to get it upstairs.

DSC_0815_zpsyb67t4kg.jpg~original

Everything comes individually packaged inside the box.

DSC_0823_zpsvkblqmdl.jpg~original

This is everything you get inside the box, nice to see two support cushions included.

Overview of the parts

DSC_0885_zps1aq1awuk.jpg~original

Assembly instructions.

DSC_0888_zps8dmcymee.jpg~original

In the smaller box you will find all the screws and wheels and bits needed to assemble the chair, no additional tools are needed as a wrench is included.

DSC_0831_zpszrvahhf4.jpg~original

These are the two support cushions, one is a headrest with elastic strap to hold it in place, the other is for your lower back area and does not have anyway of staying in position.

DSC_0833_zpsorbrv8v0.jpg~original

DSC_0836_zpszq6q8vud.jpg~original

This is the base frame and is of an all metal 2mm steel construction rather than plastic as found on cheaper chairs so should last forever, I have had cheaper plastic bases break on me.

DSC_0857_zpssxjrreco.jpg~original

DSC_0859_zpsgnnesbmh.jpg~original

This is the chairs main adjuster/tilt mechanism and again is a solid and weighty item made from nearly all metal.

It has height adjust levers on both sides.

It also has a rocking mechanism with 11° tilt.

DSC_0841_zpskn9tyxyn.jpg~original

This is the bottom seat, it has height adjustable arm rests, back adjustment lever, metal frame construction with a foam and 1.5mm PU leather cover which is apparently 25-60% thicker than alternatives.

The chair has UK fire regulation (BS5852) certification.

DSC_0844_zpskzgdb879.jpg~original

DSC_0845_zpsqdewx4yg.jpg~original

There is a good range of adjustment on the armrests.

DSC_0851_zpsd0tmrili.jpg~original

DSC_0847_zpsbsgbefic.jpg~original

The finish and stitching is of a high standard.

DSC_0861_zpsyarovors.jpg~original

This is the backrest and once again has a metal frame construction covered by foam and the same 1.5mm PU leather.

DSC_0880_zpsbpgm2ud2.jpg~original

The back of it has a smooth finish.

DSC_0867_zpsisanqtju.jpg~original

A little bit of branding is found near the top.

DSC_0874_zpsri9ydmco.jpg~original

Again the finishing is of a high standard.

Assembling the ICON chair

DSC_0894_zpsoggsfgcb.jpg~original

First thing to do is to attach the adjuster to the underside of the seat using the four included (there is also one spare should you need it) bolts+washers.

Also note that you can adjust the armrests in or out of the base.

DSC_0895_zpswasmp5wf.jpg~original

Then push the plastic handles on to the the height adjusters.

DSC_0898_zpspfpu4qkx.jpg~original

Next push the five wheels into the base.

DSC_0900_zpsvtt4qqnd.jpg~original

Flip the base the right way up and insert the gas strut and the plastic shroud.

DSC_0902_zps7lqpy68y.jpg~original

DSC_0901_zpsgrpnujxy.jpg~original

Place the seat onto the gas strut and sit on it to insure a good correct fitment.

DSC_0904_zpsunimt8w8.jpg~original

Attach the back rest to the bottom with the included bolts and washers.

DSC_0908_zpsctmnfmim.jpg~original

Then cover these up with the two supplied plastic covers and two screws.

DSC_0909_zps99kitxul.jpg~original

DSC_0913_zpsrce1jqr9.jpg~original

Place the cushions onto the seat and it is complete.

The completed chair

DSC_0919_zpsol9kv4yj.jpg~original

DSC_0916_zpshttbykd1.jpg~original

So here we have it in all its glory.

It looks the part, is comfortable to use, has great adjustment on the back that can go 90-135°

While the arm rests are adjustable in height I find for me that in their top most position is best as I can rest my elbows on them while gaming or typing, they have an almost soft plastic feel to them so are not harsh on your elbows.

DSC_0008_zps1y1anvvb.jpg~original

The armrests can also twist in or out via a button on each one.

The wheels glide around smoothly on my short pile carpet.

There are also no strange creaks or groans from it, it is designed to support up to 180Kg so even larger users are well catered for.

All this is backed up with a 2yr warranty.

So is it worth £320? well compared to my previous Nitro concepts E200 I would have to say yes as it is clearly better made and has all this adjustment available to it.

My only single gripe is the lower support cushion doesn't stay in place like the headrest one does as it does not have any sort of elastic strap to keep it in place, so as soon as you get off the chair it falls down and I find myself always having to place it it behind me as I sit back on.

Associate
So is it worth £320? well compared to my previous Nitro concepts E200 I would have to say yes as it is clearly better made and has all this adjustment available to it..

To be objective you need to expand your comparison to the numerous options within the price range.

If Noblechairs would like to send me a chair to review I would happily put it up against my Steelcase and compare its features, quality, price/value used as a PC gamer and for work.

Soldato
To be objective you need to expand your comparison to the numerous options within the price range.

If Noblechairs would like to send me a chair to review I would happily put it up against my Steelcase and compare its features, quality, price/value used as a PC gamer and for work.

I do think these are wicked looking. But they won't be able to touch steel case for proper support.

Back
Top Bottom