Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Soldato
Hoping this runs fine on 4c8t cpus and you don't get bottlenecks that require 6c/12t cpus and above.

The PC reveal was done on a 7700K / GTX1080Ti system @ locked 4K/60FPS.

You should be good on any modern 4c/8t CPU I imagine as long as its paired with a decent GPU.

Going to be comparing it on my i7 4770s & R5 1600. If I have time I will also be adding in comparisons using my 1070/ GTX Titan (OG) and GTX690 (for a laugh). Might even give it a go on my laptop which with a i7 4700MQ / GTX780m roughly compares to a desktop 4c/8t + 1050Ti combo.

Soldato
In what may the first time an aspect of the PC version is arguably worse than the console version, Destiny 2 PC is region locked;

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/46125

This means clans will have to cater by region, and signups via external sites like the100.io will have to point out their specific region in the future.
It's not a big deal to me and it means we won't see the bizarre international matchmaking that's plagued the first game anymore, but it does shrink the pool of players we can play with. The positive side effect is that latency issues will shrink significantly compared to the first game.

If you are used to PC gaming this is very typical standard fare since every major game has been region locked anyway and most players are loathe to affect their latency by playing with others across the pond.

Associate
well at least they confirmed sli/crossfire is in the works. Hope some of you SLI guys let us know how it runs in the beta... used to crossfire never getting any beta action :D

Soldato
Looks awesome this game! Just ordered the digital deluxe on GMG for £65, whilst they had it discounted. :)

Got given the beta key immediately & downloading now. :D

Soldato
Part way through the vid it shows the options. It seems that he has most things set to medium. Still looks OK though.

I know that at Gamescom the settings were dislayed at medium but was in fact running on high since the developers haven't finished the graphical options yet, I don't know if that's still the case for the PC beta. Whatever the settings actually are, it does look really good I feel. It's not as technically accomplished as The Division (that's a really beautiful game on high settings) but it's still a slick looking game.

Associate
Also anyone know of any sites that send beta codes out if you preorder? Amazon I have it preordered but no beta code
Same here, still haven't received any code. It seems that amazon doesn't offer keys to early access beta (Oct 28) but just to open beta (Oct 29-31). I thought open beta was available to all...:confused:

Back
Top Bottom