Formula Boinc 2017

Soldato
anybody know why Einstein is still using 1 cpu core per unit with these settings

<app_config>
<app>
<name>hsgamma_FGRPB1G</name>
<gpu_versions>
<gpu_usage>0.5</gpu_usage>
<cpu_usage>0.2</cpu_usage>
</gpu_versions>
</app>
</app_config>

PDW

PDW

Associate
I don't believe the tasks take any notice of the cpu_usage tag figure, they take what they want (if they can get it).

In other news, the US Navy are about to sail past us in Numberfields...

Soldato
we simply don't have enough cpu power to stop that happening lol. not unless we give us getting to 1st on pogs. are you putting anything on there PDW?

as for Einstein, never mind ill just have to leave it running 1 gpu unit at a time using 1 cpu core

@Texas_Connectio were are you hiding? lol.
@tipes what you running now? pogs or still on vgtu

Last edited:
Associate
@Matzo I see you added another system to your fleet.
GenuineIntel
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5650 @ 2.67GHz [Family 6 Model 44 Stepping 2]
(24 processors)

Ah yeah. Just looking at the stats it seems to be getting through the tasks way faster than the same servers with the 2.40GHz CPUs of the same generation.

Associate
anybody know why Einstein is still using 1 cpu core per unit with these settings

<app_config>
<app>
<gpu_versions>
<gpu_usage>0.5</gpu_usage>
<cpu_usage>0.2</cpu_usage>
</gpu_versions>
</app>
</app_config>

I'd try lower CPU usage in the config, and lower your percent of CPU used in the manager if that doesn't help.

Here's mine:

<app_config>
<app>
<gpu_versions>
<gpu_usage>.49</gpu_usage>
<cpu_usage>0.001</cpu_usage>
</gpu_versions>
</app>
<app>
</app_config>

Associate
ok up and running, will do what I can

6x GPU's? Got to post some photos of that rig! Celeron Processor though? How is all that setup?

Notice you've been going since 2009 starting with SETI, remembering those classic units now. Started not long later in 2001 however I've not racked up any where near the amount of credit.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'm guessing it's his mining rig

Quite: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/30873382

6x GPU's? Got to post some photos of that rig! Celeron Processor though? How is all that setup?

Link above

Notice you've been going since 2009 starting with SETI, remembering those classic units now. Started not long later in 2001 however I've not racked up any where near the amount of credit.

Boinc since 2009, but I was a classic SETI cruncher since 1999. Ended up 295'th in the world in SETI, and 9th in the OcUk team, who by the way ended up top of the league when classic finished.

http://seticlassic.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_type_0.html

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah I seen you started back in 1999. Huge contribution over the years. I know quite a few people who dropped out when it all went BOINC, including me actually until 2011 when I gave MilkyWay a go.

There's some impressive rigs on that thread. Will have to do a post or two, although the front end of a few servers won't seem that impressive in comparison.

Had an idea just then about creating a bespoke rig made up of a bunch of rescued i3 motherboards and processors. Might make for an interesting project and a few good snaps.

Back
Top Bottom