Hurricane Harvey

Soldato
For some reason it is a major story on the BBC even BBC Breakfast is leading on it, why is that the BBC is so USA centred when it comes to news coverage. Of seven news stories on what the BBC laughingly calls it's world news channel there were 7 items of news five of which were from the US. Nothing happening in Africa, South America or in fact most of the rest of the world it seems, but Trump was holding a rally in wherever and the rest of the world needed to know what he was saying.

Soldato
For some reason it is a major story on the BBC even BBC Breakfast is leading on it, why is that the BBC is so USA centred when it comes to news coverage. Of seven news stories on what the BBC laughingly calls it's world news channel there were 7 items of news five of which were from the US. Nothing happening in Africa, South America or in fact most of the rest of the world it seems, but Trump was holding a rally in wherever and the rest of the world needed to know what he was saying.

In this context I don't think it's yankcentric. We're Brits, we ******* love weather.

V F

V F

Soldato

In this context I don't think it's yankcentric. We're Brits, we ******* love weather.

Is it? Seems like every tactic to blame Trump for?

Soldato
To be fair, it is a hurricane that will go in the record books for the rain event.

For example, this was posted on one site to show how serious the flooding is

and this is how it normally looks

Those signs/light on the bridge are nearly underwater.

Soldato
live streams showing what it's really like there now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heeQ_4c-tho

I'd advise you to get your news from anywhere else than this unless you want everything with a nice dose of Trump and/or far right bias. It wouldn't surprise me if they find some way to blame Obama/liberals/gays/Muslims for the hurricane

One of the news networks hosts called for the owners of CNN to be hung and encouraged his listeners to "kill the globalists"

Soldato
Just watching CNN over in the US, its bad. Talking about potentially 60inches of rain falling down in these neighbourhoods. Already some places are under 8feet of water, and its just going to rise and rise, as Harvey isn't going very fast, and coming back around on itself.

Permabanned
I'd advise you to get your news from anywhere else than this unless you want everything with a nice dose of Trump and/or far right bias. It wouldn't surprise me if they find some way to blame Obama/liberals/gays/Muslims for the hurricane
One of the news networks hosts called for the owners of CNN to be hung and encouraged his listeners to "kill the globalists"
It's the only place that's been covering news of the hurricane. Hasn't been any political talk at all.
Mainstream news networks were covering anti-Trump stuff instead of the hurricane.
So the truth is almost the exact opposite of what you expected it to be.

Soldato
To be fair, I watched that channel last night for about 2 hours and never once did he talk about anything other than the weather.

Soldato
I'm a bit worried for the Americans affected by this, Katrina shows how little the GOP cares. With Trump steering the ship it's genuinely concerning. He's too inexperienced.

Back
Top Bottom