Formula Boinc 2017

Associate
Sorry I was late to the sprint this week. I don't think I would have been to contribute enough to change our position but I got about 24 hours in. Well done to AnandTech for taking first in the last couple of hours.

Associate
Thanks Engy Benjie. We discussed early on that it was inefficient to run MW on the Nvidia cards, especially with the SETI WOW challenge ongoing, but changed our minds for the last 20 hours or so and decided to invade Norway. ;)

Associate
Is it worth me switching to big rig to pogs to see if we can take the No.1 spot.
Think we are safe on Universe for a while , might also be able to push on numberfields to get us to No.1 in that.
What do ya think?

Soldato
we could get number 1 spot. we was out doing oc.net but pdw swapped to numberfields as we was overtaken by us navy so he swooped that back.

them amd zen 1700 cpus are pretty good on pogs, engy was doing 30k a day or more with his!!

PDW

PDW

Associate
You'll need @hanluc to get his attention if it works, I didn't get an alert for mine :confused:
All loaded up now, nice for a project to be able to cope with the demand on its server :)

Soldato
Hopefully he's seen its pogs and loaded up
I need the pogs upload address so I can download more units on the 64 core without uploading the ones I've got already.

Last edited:

PDW

PDW

Associate
It starts today, in about 22 hours !

I said 'loaded up' not 'uploaded' lol

Going to have to start quoting you if you completely change your posts !!!!

Soldato
OP
I'm in.
I have my alerts set also on forum posts, if anyone posts anything in here and the other place I get to know about it :)

@PDW check your alert preferences and make sure 'Mentions you in a message' is checked.

PDW

PDW

Associate
They are all ticked, I get the alerts count at the top of the page when I'm logged in.
I still get emails for thread watching but mentions that used to work no longer do.

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Yep the alerting system seems to be Fubar.

On the other hand I was watching and assimilating. Not that the assimilations are that happy about building up any sort of bunker. I think there is something weird in the Boinc client somewhere that determines how much work you will need based on the overall percentage runtime. The borged PC normally is enabled only overnight as it's cooling is pants and thus noisy, paused the rest of the time. So the machine has it in it's head that it's only working part time and so, despite setting a lengthy number of days for work queues, that is limited by the part time :(

MGP

MGP

Soldato
200+ Pogs uploaded. Only 11 have validated. This spint is going to be all about who gets lucky on the bunkers. If as previous sprints we find people downloaded the maximum 10 days worth of work, if you matched with them, you're wasting your effort.

Back
Top Bottom