Game patches and slow internet

Soldato
Hi all

This has never really been an issue for me until now. I've moved into an area with slow broadband 3MB Down and 1MB up.

After having my PS4 in storage for several weeks, I've finally plugged it back in and its started to get its updates for games and Firmware etc.

Some of the games are showing a monumental download size. DOOM PS4 for example has a 30GB update! Uncharted 4 wants a 15GB update, The Division at 21GB and For Honor 27GB! There are a few others saying they need 20GB+ updates too. It probably totals easily over 100GB in updates.

I've probably never noticed before having Virgins 250MB line, the games just used to update quite happily in the background.

Is the size its reporting the actual size of the update or what? It's going to take me days at this speed to download them and seriously hinder my connection whilst its doing it.

Soldato
OP
I've tried to pause and cancel the ones I don't need to update to play but it just keeps adding them to the list to update.. oh well. I guess I will just leave it in standby overnight and turn it off during the day for the next few weeks.

Associate
Games and updates have gotten huge on consoles now a days. Is that the best internet you can get in your new area? Any chance of bugging Virgin to sort out a line to your new town?

Soldato
OP
It's slowly working its way through. The initial download sizes seem to of changed though, they are much more reasonable now. The largest being For Honor at 11GB. Not sure why it was reporting 20GB+ before. Maybe it was checking games files or something?

Soldato
It's slowly working its way through. The initial download sizes seem to of changed though, they are much more reasonable now. The largest being For Honor at 11GB. Not sure why it was reporting 20GB+ before. Maybe it was checking games files or something?

If you had paused them previously, they re-calculate to show the new download size. It's a bit weird.

Soldato
Hi all

This has never really been an issue for me until now. I've moved into an area with slow broadband 3MB Down and 1MB up.

After having my PS4 in storage for several weeks, I've finally plugged it back in and its started to get its updates for games and Firmware etc.

Some of the games are showing a monumental download size. DOOM PS4 for example has a 30GB update! Uncharted 4 wants a 15GB update, The Division at 21GB and For Honor 27GB! There are a few others saying they need 20GB+ updates too. It probably totals easily over 100GB in updates.

I've probably never noticed before having Virgins 250MB line, the games just used to update quite happily in the background.

Is the size its reporting the actual size of the update or what? It's going to take me days at this speed to download them and seriously hinder my connection whilst its doing it.

So that's over twice as fast as mine, LUCKY you...it is however a small trade off to live in a nice area, unless you don't then it sucks lol
20gb takes about 4 days of 24/7 here..............................

:D

Soldato
OP
So that's over twice as fast as mine, LUCKY you...it is however a small trade off to live in a nice area, unless you don't then it sucks lol
20gb takes about 4 days of 24/7 here..............................

:D

This is my view out my office window ;) I think we're lucky to get 3meg :D

timthumb.php

Soldato
I feel your pain. I've recently moved to a new build and (after tweaking my modem) I get about 3Mb down. I started downloading the CoD beta on Friday night and only managed to get an hour on it before it stopped! :(

Just to rub it in, the houses at the bottom of my road get FTTP!

Back
Top Bottom