• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Threadripper Owners Thread ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 66701
  • Start date

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
gdFK98f.png

Not too shabby for the cheapest 32gb kit OCUK had at the time or ordering!

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
I haven't really got anything to compare it to, so that's a bit hard to say. However, of the little bit of gaming I've done, I'm certainly not dissapointed!

Soldato
I know it is a Ryzen Chip, but could we get the thread title changed to remove 'Ryzen' from it, as it is really easy to click into this thread by mistake and post comments, when they are intended for the regular ryzen chips.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
OK, been benching pretty much non stop the last two days @ 3600C16 on mem, not a single crash and memtest ran overnight with no errors (800% coverage).

I'm pretty chuffed with that!

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
Woop!

Your Order has been packed and is in the process of being shipped.
----------------------------------------------------------
Goods Shipped:
£49.99 x 1 - EK Water Blocks EK-Supremacy EVO Threadripper Edition - Acetal+Nickel

Let's see what this beast can really do!

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
Essentially, yes - well that and the mounting holes being in the right place as well!

Were you expecting anything different?

Associate

Would you be able to run two sets of that memory, so 64GB (8x8GB) or would I be better off with 4x16GB (Of course, this would give me the option to upgrade to 128GB in the future :D)? I was thinking of getting 32GB to start with and then later get another 32GB. I have not started reading up yet about what works with the Threadripper, so don't know hoe picky it is. I would like to have 64GB in my Threadripper system.

Associate
Why on earth would you need 128GB? :eek:

Vince gave a good answer :D

In a way that is the reason I am going to get a Threadripper. I deal with Bathymetry data, which can involve point clouds with hundreds of million of points. Manipulating this data, like creating surfaces, take up a lot of ram. 16GB of my 32GB of ram has failed a couple of months ago and having having only 16GB hurts. Realistically, I will probably end up with 32GB and then 64GB and it should be enough.

Back
Top Bottom