***The Wine Thread***

aMb

aMb

Associate
Indeed but I prefer something with a bit more acidity and less sweetness to counter the foie gras which can be very rich and cloying.
I bet it was. One you bought or have had in storage for a while?

I picked it up a couple of years ago - looking at the 2012 vintage the price has shot up now!

Few new additions from last week plus last night's bottle - the Caymus is incredible!
GrrcJD8.jpg
6gfq9T4.jpg

Soldato
uU38IX.jpg

Tried this stuff at a restaurant not that long ago and fell in love with it. Managed to get a half bottle from Tesco for £12.

Soldato
It's "Wine Folly: A Visual Guide to the World of Wine" - for me it was a useful intro
OK. I have Wine Folly: The Essential Guide to Wine. I'm trying to see how different the books are, as I like her presentation style and find it easier to understand when I have pictures/graphics and not just text (I'm a visual learner :)).

Soldato
Will be taking these over to ze-inlaws.
QKyZ2fucB_5utZD97Ni-YKAxfP1Odg1yf7dlFnTnH5_GqYXO5ivMS-PaplhWABXLySb2hm-XL1zqsAeAmQ46vqp8auBCwntjJUv53Q=w1680-h1050-no

Tried the blanc-de-blanc and the classic sparkling but needs a little more work in my view.. the sparkling rose was more subtle and different flavour.. the non-sparkling is really creamy and nice for a summer's day.

Soldato
Sangiovese-tastic. We went there a few years ago and stayed just outside Cortona. Tuscany is a beautiful place with wines to match.
Both Montalcino and Montepulciano were lovely to visit, and to taste their respective wines.

aMb

aMb

Associate
Nice! That Saldo I thought was average... hoped for more really! Caymus is really nice! Try the Cab if you get the chance too, it's loooovely. I really liked that seven falls as well, thought it was a great bottle for the money and you can't knock the Artemis, but it's not cheap! Seems more like they're going for the classic oaky cab of france feeling, if I remember rightly. Be interested on the Coppola and Rob Mondavi though!

I've made my way through these now and didn't find the Coppola memorable at all, the Rob Mondavi was slightly better. I thought the Seven Falls was great for the price so I've picked up a few more bottles along with Saldo which I loved. Also I couldn't resist picking these up at the weekend:

iA7aG29.jpg

Soldato
OP
Interesting you loved the Saldo. Wine is great, completely depends on your tastes, but hell, it can differ bottle to bottle and day to day. I liked the Stag I had but not had the Cask 23, will be good to know if you think it's worth the price tag!

Soldato
Vivino are doing the Anniversario 62 for £20.75 a bottle. I know it's gets a lot of praise on here, is it a good price? I really don't need anymore wine but I suppose I could get one more order done...

Back
Top Bottom