Retro console and games thread

Soldato
Really wanted a SNES mini but was far too late by the time I found out about it, been sniffing around trying to find somewhere to get a pre-order but no luck

I then started looking at alternatives and cam across RetroPie so I have ordered a Pi3 and 2 SNES controllers for less than the cost of the SNES mini with the opportunity for more games

Looking forward to it arriving and getting it fired up

Its worth paying a bit more and getting some better controllers, the really cheap USB snes pads will get tiresome quickly, believe me :)

Soldato
So at the moment I have many consoles with RGB scart cables (pal uk) so I have an RGB scart to HDMI upscaler/converter box to play these on my monitor. So basically transfers the rgb signal to hdmi.

However, am I right in thinking the little PS2 to HDMI adapter you can get would offer me a better picture over my current set up for the PS2? And if so by how much, is it worth it?

Thanks! Also on Amazon there's so many different ones, which is the best?

Associate
Thanks! Also on Amazon there's so many different ones, which is the best?

Looking at the reviews of those PS2 to HDMI gizmos it looks like the quality is variable and they don't support PS1 games....all in all the reviews indicate it's a gamble. Obviously some form of component cable set up would be better, and if you're really serious an XRGB Mini would obviously top them all.

Soldato
Looking at the reviews of those PS2 to HDMI gizmos it looks like the quality is variable and they don't support PS1 games....all in all the reviews indicate it's a gamble. Obviously some form of component cable set up would be better, and if you're really serious an XRGB Mini would obviously top them all.

Unfortunately none of my screens support component any more so I just assumed as these converters tap in to that signal it would be the next best thing?

I don't want to spend much more :D

If it's not that much better than RGB, Then I will keep it as I have it

Soldato
Started The Suffering. About half way through I think. It's pretty good, bit of mindless fun really. I was expecting more horror from it but it seems more like an action game with a bit of horror in terms of setting and atmosphere peppered on top. Feels sort of like Max Payne to play but cranked up and bloody

Soldato
Think I have managed to secure me a Playstation 1 for free off a family member. No cables, but I can easily sort that.

Some games too although not sure what they are till I see them. Maybe a couple of Final Fantasy games.

Soldato
Can anyone recommend a good wireless PS1 controller?

I have the 8bitdo wireless controller for my snes (and it's great) so I'd like something similar for my PlayStation.

Soldato
Enjoying Luigis mansion on GC at the moment! Wish i pmayed it back then!

Bought pikmin 2 off a fb local page last night too, £12 but is at least double that usually

Soldato
Enjoying Luigis mansion on GC at the moment! Wish i pmayed it back then!

Bought pikmin 2 off a fb local page last night too, £12 but is at least double that usually
its a great game and wish I still had it. About the only GC game I didn't keep. want to play through Eternal Darkness again soon. Another classic GC game.

Back
Top Bottom