Destiny 2

Associate
Does anyone know if earning strange coins will be the same as destiny 1? I seem recall xur selling gallarhorn or icebreaker very early on in destiny 1 and I didn't have enough coins to buy.

I want to make sure I don't miss out on any early weapons being sold this time around!

Soldato
Does anyone know if earning strange coins will be the same as destiny 1? I seem recall xur selling gallarhorn or icebreaker very early on in destiny 1 and I didn't have enough coins to buy.

I want to make sure I don't miss out on any early weapons being sold this time around!

Not sure there are any, Xur takes legendary shards which I presume you get from scrapping gear.

Soldato
You will have to wait until the servers are up. You should be able to pre-load though by putting the disc in (no doubt there will be a sizable download even for a physical copy).

Soldato
6GB patch... I imagine this is to prevent pirated copies leaking out (effectively the game shipped is "broken" without the patch).

EDIT: I am not getting any prompt on a pre-load yet. Was there any specific steps you guys did to trigger it? I have it pre-ordered through PSN (if I select the option I ordered it just has a countdown timer - no option to trigger a download).

EDIT 2: Mrs found it. Now downloading on 1st PS4... *This may take a while*.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm in two minds whether or not to pick this game up at launch as I feel the current asking price is a bit too much @ 47 quid. I enjoyed Destiny for a while, never got into the expansions though.

Associate
my copy should arrive today - very excited to get back into gaming again. hope it's worth the wait :)

hopefully the old clan are still knocking about and let me back in. can't promise to know what I'm doing any more than last time though

Back
Top Bottom