Driving to work I had a Nihilistic moment.

Soldato
But change what?

Another JOB? That requires the same rock pushing over and over again?

lol.

If you have the mindset of negativity then you will see everything as negative even...sunshine on a bright clear day with the birds singing.

Also if you see everything as a rock to be pushed....then yeah lol obviously everything is a rock. You need to get out of your "poor me" mindset and see the glass as half full. Appreciate things in your life more.

Soldato
That in itself is illusion.

According to Aristotle, happiness consists in achieving, through the course of a whole lifetime, all the goods — health, wealth, knowledge, friends, etc. — that lead to the perfection of human nature and to the enrichment of human life. This requires us to make choices, some of which may be very difficult. Often the lesser good promises immediate pleasure and is more tempting, while the greater good is painful and requires some sort of sacrifice.

Aristotle would be strongly critical of the culture of “instant gratification” which seems to predominate in our society today. In order to achieve the life of complete virtue, we need to make the right choices, and this involves keeping our eye on the future, on the ultimate result we want for our lives as a whole. We will not achieve happiness simply by enjoying the pleasures of the moment. Unfortunately, this is something most people are not able to overcome in themselves. As he laments, “the mass of mankind are evidently quite slavish in their tastes, preferring a life suitable to beasts”

I'm sometime embarrassed at my consumerism in the pursuit of happiness...

ahh lol... silly me thinking your initial post was a serious one. Lay off the weed perhaps. Maybe your life things are in the toilet or meaningless or an illusion but it certainly isn't the case for a lot of people. I would suggest therapy but you have the forums so hope it helps you get your head on straight :)

edit: bah necroing your own thread ...bad form!

Its the complete and utter **** at work who make silly decisions based on selfishness and me battling these decisions draining and exasperating

i thought work was ok? Just whinge about it on here...you will feel better then carry on. If it bothers you continually then do something about it :p

Last edited:

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Some people really need a hug.

All you have is the moment, I quite like rocks, they are challenge and easy to move you just need some mental leverage and a good dose of mind-fullness. (Yes it really works)

Soldato
Some people really need a hug.

All you have is the moment, I quite like rocks, they are challenge and easy to move you just need some mental leverage and a good dose of mind-fullness. (Yes it really works)
What? Is that you, Neo?

Soldato
it amazes me that people are so unhappy with there lives but wont change anything ,just wait for retirement and death.
today got up and messed about on laptop
took dog swimming in crantock
just had a sleep
going to catch a surf at polzeath before its dark
this is what i do 3 or 4 days a week (or similar ,just act as i did when i holidayed here)
a good work life balance somewhere nice is my recommendation ,dont even consider working 5 out of 7 ,

Soldato
it amazes me that people are so unhappy with there lives but wont change anything ,just wait for retirement and death.
today got up and messed about on laptop
took dog swimming in crantock
just had a sleep
going to catch a surf at polzeath before its dark
this is what i do 3 or 4 days a week (or similar ,just act as i did when i holidayed here)
a good work life balance somewhere nice is my recommendation ,dont even consider working 5 out of 7 ,
Might be difficult to pay the bills only working for 3 days a week.

Soldato
I feel quite lucky that I've had my mid life crisis by the age of 30, I might get another one when I'm 50 or something but I highly doubt it, I've fought off the worst of it and I feel lucky that I have a passion which I love to the core of soul. It must be hard for a lot of people that don't have something which they truly love, it's essential I think, it's essential for me anyway.

Soldato
I'm now to weak to leave...I'm trapped by my own doing.

How do I set myself free?

Its not the JOB I hate...Its not the country lane drive with my roof down in my MX5 commute

Its the complete and utter **** at work who make silly decisions based on selfishness and me battling these decisions draining and exasperating
Drive them out or move company

Permabanned
It used to bother me quite a lot and occasionally still does.

You have to find something else outside of 'the routine' that overpowers it. As monstrously pretentious as this is going to sound, I believe that's what 'art' and good relationships are for. I'm eternally gratefully that I have both too enjoy.

Leffe helps too. Lots and lots of Leffe...

xD

Soldato
Lester Burnham: I had always heard your entire life flashes in front of your eyes the second before you die. First of all, that one second isn't a second at all, it stretches on forever, like an ocean of time... For me, it was lying on my back at Boy Scout camp, watching falling stars... And yellow leaves, from the maple trees, that lined our street... Or my grandmother's hands, and the way her skin seemed like paper... And the first time I saw my cousin Tony's brand new Firebird... And Janie... And Janie... And... Carolyn. I guess I could be pretty ****** off about what happened to me... but it's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst... And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday.

Back
Top Bottom