When using Voice chat programs do you use "Push to talk" ?

Soldato
No I use voice activation, never got any complaints that I know of as I tested to see if mic activated when typing keys and it didn't so..I just could never get used to push to talk.

Soldato
Quite a few OcUKers on the Discord don't seem to use PTT or calibrate their mics properly - it's incredibly amusing how politely everyone approaches the issue!

Man of Honour
To be honest I think non-ptt is better, if only for the larger sense of enjoyment I get when being able to hear people laugh. That is unless you're like me and have become so used to the dynamic over the years that you ptt when laughing. Quite a bizarre thing to do, I know.

Soldato
To be honest I think non-ptt is better, if only for the larger sense of enjoyment I get when being able to hear people laugh. That is unless you're like me and have become so used to the dynamic over the years that you ptt when laughing. Quite a bizarre thing to do, I know.

Must admit I was thinking about that as well. Instinctively I push to laugh :D.

Soldato
I've mostly gone with with push to talk, especially when the pc is in a room that others use. I find voice control a little bit and miss and strangely no one else wants to hear my wife nagging ;)

I have used a mouse button in the past but more recently bought and use a usb foot switch that I press down when talking. It works really well.

Associate
Voice activation. I have it dialled in very well now but other members of the group I usually play with will just play with no headset using the speakers and the mic from a webcam. I end up having to mute them sometimes and then they send a message asking why I've muted them.

I mostly play in the evening whilst the kids are in bed so I can't have it loud enough to bleed into the mic anyway.

If the wife comes in for a chat I just push the mix up to mute it

Back
Top Bottom