Do you have anything next to your bed?

Soldato
Actually, I have an Air soft pistol in my room next to my bed, in a case. Not for that purpose but it's just where i keep it.

would likely do a decent job of scaring them off, but i'd hate to have to end up using it, sounds like a legal nightmare if you had to blast their eyes out.

i do keep my airsoft stash in my room, but for the sake of sensibility i don't bother keeping them loaded, "hand on, these speedloaders can be a bit finnicky" probably isn't something you want to be shouting down the stairs :D :D :D

Caporegime
would likely do a decent job of scaring them off, but i'd hate to have to end up using it, sounds like a legal nightmare if you had to blast their eyes out.

i do keep my airsoft stash in my room, but for the sake of sensibility i don't bother keeping them loaded, "hand on, these speedloaders can be a bit finnicky" probably isn't something you want to be shouting down the stairs :D :D :D

It's not loaded, and it's only a spring coil, single shot 0.177. But it's metal built with a walnut handle so it looks real at a glance. Worst case scenario it'll serve as something I can hit them over the head to defend myself more than anything. I am not that good a shot to take their eye out !

Caporegime

Never thought of that. If I blinded the intruder in one eye with 3 or 4 well placed pellets, would I be nicked for GBH and prosecuted? I'd like to to think it would come under self defence.

Caporegime
Never thought of that. If I blinded the intruder in one eye with 3 or 4 well placed pellets, would I be nicked for GBH and prosecuted? I'd like to to think it would come under self defence.
If you could place 4 pellets in one eye you'd be getting called up for the olympics.

Srsly, though, it's all fact and degree. How much danger did you think you were in, did you really need to shoot, etc.

Anyway, if I heard anything I'd call the police and hunker down. If they want the crap downstairs they can have it, I've got insurance. If they want to come upstairs and take me on then they're probably better equipped than me no matter what I've got.

Soldato
Seriously though, depending on where you live what's the statistical chances of the threat and or having a weapon helping?

Even where I grew up (which was about as rough as the UK gets), it's hardly the west bank ffs, statistically you might as well worry about building a meteorite deflector :)

Soldato
In Edinburgh a small baseball bat and co2 gun, they are handy not really for protection. In the Highlands a very powerful torch that turns night into day, no crime here but any would be assailants would be temporarily blinded for sure as it's pitch black outside and indoors.

Soldato
Id rather just lock my bedroom door and call the police.
I'm insured and would be up if I claimed as I have loads of crap I wouldnt buy again.

Soldato
A 32GB memory stick I keep forgetting to take into work, my phone and an alarm clock.

I'm a 20 stone hairy fat man who sleeps naked so it'd be easy to find the burglars, just look for the poor blokes pouring bleach into their eyes while wailing hypnotically about what can't be unseen! :D

Sgarrista
Commissario
Frostmourne.

11357224_10204366821918153_4096409935409543680_o.jpg

No seriously :D

Though not a good option as no room to swing it, and its not sharp, maybe the sight of someone with a giant sword would scare them off.

Soldato
Remember these are all weapons that could easily end up being used on you or your family. I wouldn't use anything sharp...

I saw a video of a car being stolen off someone's drive (bright security lights were on) and three guys stood around, two with weapons primed (as if playing baseball)...

A pro boxer nearly died after trying to stop two burglars.

Associate
I have something that could be used in every room. Had incidents such as a drunk druggy come in and threaten to stab me in the head if I didn't go to the cash point with him and empty my account. I also study Krav Mags now.

Sgarrista
Commissario
The safe thing to do is to call the police and make a lot of noise so they know they've been rumbled and scarper.

Our plan is actually not to let them in the house, or if they really want in it will make so much noise and take them so long the plod will be tapping them on the shoulder while they are still trying to get in.

Just waiting on the frame bonded security film for the back living room window to be fitted, once that is in the easiest way in will be up a ladder and through the upstairs windows...

Back
Top Bottom