*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Associate
I have access. Didn't think it was especially good as a base, myself and, for reasons of nostalgia I expect, don't want to risk upsetting The Dark Wheel.

Did they not fix this in the last update, then?

Apparently not.
It's still in the beta release, but that's not gone live yet, not even a hotfix :/

Associate
Just got a reply. Fdev are giving me the money lost due to the skimmer bug, along with my scans & bounty rewards I still had to hand in etc (will have to check those).
Said they can't restore cargo, but "However I'm happy to replace your 144t cargo (odd, can see how much I had, but not what I had) that you lost with the ore you are most in need of, it you'd like to take us up on this offer, please tell us which ore you are after & we'll add it to your cargo on this occasion".

Welp, no idea what I had either, although some rares & load of Cobalt etc. Perhaps I should state I had the rarest of rares ;)

Nah, will just ask them to surprise me with whatever they can replace :)

Checked, all my scans are replaced \o/

btw, I may be forgetting how it was, but didn't the fuel scan bar used to be nearer the top of the screen?

zzulP7Q.png

Last edited:
Associate
Wowsers!

Elite Dangerous players have only explored 0.003 percent of the galaxy.

According to Elite Dangerous Star Map (EDSM), a handy database where players can log their discoveries and other useful data related to Elite, players have only discovered 15,779,755 star systems. That's around 0.003941 percent of the estimated total number in our galaxy. At the current rate at which systems are being discovered, it'll take only 56,206 years before we find them all.

EDSM's database only accounts for players who have taken the time to upload their discoveries to it, so naturally it's not a complete census. But even if we doubled that number of discovered systems to account for console players and those who don't upload their discoveries, it's still an astonishingly low number.

Associate
Just got a reply re:skimmer crash.
I had no idea what ore I had in cargo, so said anything would be appreciated.
They've said I'll find 144t of Platinum when I next check my cargo :eek::D

According to EDDB you can't buy this, can only get from mining (yawn :p), so will have to see if need it for any engineers or anything, before every pirate comes after me hehe.

That's a nice 3.75mill' gained :D

Soldato
What's the Beta portion of ED? I've seen Obsidian Ant mention it. Is it just like access to stuff earlier? I have Horizons and want to get back into this. Also considering voice attack.

Associate
What's the Beta portion of ED? I've seen Obsidian Ant mention it. Is it just like access to stuff earlier? I have Horizons and want to get back into this. Also considering voice attack.

Beta finished I think, but when it's open beta, load ED launcher & scroll down on this part & it'll give option to install when it's open beta.

xGDP9NW.jpg

You don't get to see anything major in beta although there was a thing to get a unique skin thing for your suit/ship.

Soldato
Beta finished I think, but when it's open beta, load ED launcher & scroll down on this part & it'll give option to install when it's open beta.

xGDP9NW.jpg

You don't get to see anything major in beta although there was a thing to get a unique skin thing for your suit/ship.

Yep beta finished last monday dinner time uk, both closed and open beta.

There is live streams happening this week commencing with sandro talking up the lore of the thargoids and game, as well as a tiny little treat.

Hi everyone,

We’ve been noticing a lot of conversations and speculation regarding when 2.4 will be released, and many are guessing at this week. To respond to all of these speculations in one go, in the interest of managing expectations and being open in our communications with you, we wanted to give you a clearer idea about when we’ll give you that information.

In the stream next week on Thursday 14 September at 7PM BST, we’ll be bringing on our developers for a lore livestream where we’ll discuss some of the story in preparation for 2.4 so that you're ready for when the update comes. We’ll also be giving more information about the launch of 2.4 The Return, and a date of when you can expect to be exploring the content for yourself!

Thank you for your participation in the recent betas, and thank you for your patience so far. We’re excited to bring you 2.4 The Return and look forward to the discoveries that the community makes about our alien visitors.

2.4 beta update content that was tested here - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...ed-Beta-available-to-download-now-(changelog)

Add to that at least 1 new ship the type 10 defender that was accidentally written on a list in the game and all the thargoid content then it will be a huge update i think.

Some good stuff coming to fix exploits and also to route plotting which is now 20,000 LY ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone having trouble tonight? My game's locked on a jump to hyperspace - sounds are there, but no ship response to joystick.

Had that a couple of times tonight and 3 Crash to desktops too.
I've also had a 26 planetary scan and a 23 one in quince...Made 16million in 10mins and 1 trip.

Theres a glitch in the matrix

Permabanned
How far out you reckon id need to go to go the last three ranks in explorer. (Currently 4% pathfinder)
Currently 6,000LY out and well bored :(
I have a 50LY jump anaconda, so it only took about 2hours to get this far out, not looking forward to coming home!
Why you not looking forward to coming back to bubble? Cant you get loads of data also by returning. Reason i ask is because im gonna do some exploring just to get my rank up, first time ever since even the Alpha.

Soldato
Just run local passenger sightseeing missions, you'll earn a bucket load more than pure exploration and gain exploration rank faster too.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Well glad I have all the cash u could need and the ships.

Next patch us going to suck for newbies. Grind away even harder if it's even possible.

Back
Top Bottom