Do you have anything next to your bed?

Soldato
Baseball bat. Along with the ball just in case I need to explain myself.
I had police knock my door out and storm the house and they did not ask anything about the 3 baseball bats that were in the flat and multiple other items that my step dad owned from his martial arts days. No balls next to bats either.

Mind you I'm not a criminal, just downstairs neighbors were up to no good and reports were on the whole house.

Man of Honour
In the UK, some cufflinks and a bottle of water. When we were in the US, a Glock 21 in the bedside gun safe and a Remington 870 in the closet outside the bedroom.

I sleep so much easier here.

Soldato
Rounders bat > baseball bat for what should be obvious reasons.

Home defence weapons are all very pointless for almost all home invasion scenarios anyway. The local crackhead nicking your Blu-ray player isn't in your house for a confrontation. If you have something worth taking it will probably be a group of big blokes in balaclavas coming through your patio doors who'll use threats of violence to your family/children in which case your airsoft gun or or pointy stick will probably be used on them until you give them what you want.

Thankfully this sort of stuff is exceptionally rare in Britain.

Soldato
I just beat up intruders with my bare hands. Unless Jason statham, vin diesel, chuck norris or the rock walks in then I'll just run away because they can't die. :)

Soldato
A LED Lenser tactical torch that is super bright and can be set to strobe as soon as you turn it on. Also the hand grip from a dumbbell with no weights on it.

Soldato
The problem with a weapon is the potential for a situation taking a bad turn and having it used against you. I'd imagine it's difficult to be effective with anything like a baseball bat in close quarters, too. Probably better off using pepper spray or whatever the nearest legal equivalent is.

Back
Top Bottom