iRacing

Soldato
The 45fps bits are the Time/Spacewarp bits I believe, basically your pc isn't maintaining 90fps so it drops to 45 which it can then display without any negative effects. If it's not causing you issues then I'd ignore it, if it's noticeable drop the quality a bit to maintain 90fps at all times.

Man of Honour
Had a tinker with the settings as I could tell when the frame halved to 45 at different points on the track. It was like a frame skip or drop.

Dropped some settings down but increased the PixelsPerDisplayPixel in the .ini file from 116 default to 175 and that really sharpens the image.

Getting 90 fps all the time now with the settings I've changed.

Man of Honour
Anyone buy the new GT3 Ferrari?

I did and the new track. Liking both to be honest.

The attention to detail in the cockpit is bordering on obsessive. The foam protection on the roll bars has the manufacturers logo embossed on to it. When you think that the only people that will see that level of detail are VR users is amazing they go that far.

Man of Honour
Can anyone explain why VR runs worse than running at 4k?

I've got a GTX 1070 overlocked that will boost to 2Ghz and above, my CPU is running at 4.2GHz and I can run the game maxed out on a 4K monitor and average over 180 fps on the new Snetterton circuit. I think my lowest point is 150 fps and the highest over 240

But at same hardware and graphics settings the game still has two dips below 90fps when I run in VR.

In my mind VR is 2 x 1080×1200, which is 2,592,000 pixels at 90fps.

My monitor is pushing 1 x 3840x2160, which is 8,294,400 pixels at 180fps

Man of Honour
Club Sport Wheel base V2 just died.

Was in a qualifying session for the Dallara Dash and lost force feedback. Then I noticed an electrical burning smell. Turned off the wheel for a several minutes and when I powered it back on it does nothing apart from the power LED flashes and the fan spins constantly.

Luckily it's still under warranty until the end of November.

It's still very disappointing considering I don't exactly use it a massive amount. Probably an average of 6 hours a week. I hardly used it at all for about 3 months, after we finished the Le Mans 24 hour race last year.

Soldato
It's also what has put me off from buying Fanatec, that and being cheap/my G25 refusing to die :p

They've seemingly got a history of both poor build quality (in terms of durability at least), and maybe more resigned to the past poor customer service. It's hard to commit to fairly expensive products with that, for me at least, even if there are few alternatives.

Permabanned
It's also what has put me off from buying Fanatec, that and being cheap/my G25 refusing to die :p

They've seemingly got a history of both poor build quality (in terms of durability at least), and maybe more resigned to the past poor customer service. It's hard to commit to fairly expensive products with that, for me at least, even if there are few alternatives.

Their UK customer service is outstanding nowadays provided you follow the correct process for filing an RMA.

They now have a UK returns/repair centre so you can get your wheel repaired and sent back within 48 hours.

Would be better if their products didn't break in the first place though...

Associate
Nice to hear you finding your way back into racing Barmy. I swore I was not going to give iRacing any more cash but caved in and bought snetterton/488 GTE.

Hope you get wheel resolved. I know many love their fanatec products and have no issue. But the amount of stories around product failure.....

Man of Honour
I received a couple of automated responses, RMA has been initiated but didn't get anything from a real person regarding retuning the wheel base as of yet.

I didn't know they had a UK repair centre now. At least it will be cheaper to ship it back.tham the £25 I was expecting to pay.

I bought a second hand DFGT for £30 today. It's a pile garbage in comparison but at least I can use my V3 pedals with it and still race.

Soldato
Waiting for my T300RS and T3PA pedals to turn up. Is this game still worth it being as I will have to start at the bottom? Tempted to order it while it's 70% off year sub.

That said ill be getting PC2 and Forza 7 but I know their online will be a **** show like most racing games.

Soldato
It's definitely worth it. Starting at the bottom isn't really relevant, as everyone starts there. You'll always be paired with people of the same rank in every race, so you'll always be challenged by people at your level, instead of being left behind while others speed off.

Also it's 40% off new subs at the moment - but still worth it.

Man of Honour
Rookie series are always busy.

Probably because buying the content to race in higher licence levels gets expensive quickly and most of the subscription offers are for new customers only.

If you take the Skip Barber series you'd need to buy the car and 10 tracks to compete every week for your first full 12 week season. And that's only because the Skippy series uses 2 tracks from the base content every season. That's over $150 of content that you only have access to while you have an active subscription.

Man of Honour
My wheel arrived back today.

From my initial contact on a Monday the wheel was collected on the Friday. It arrived with them on the following Tuesday and was despatched back to me on the Thursday and was delivered today (Monday) All at their cost.

After they tested the wheel they confirmed a defect with the electronics within the wheel base. They then offered to upgrade the wheel base to the new CSW V2.5 parts instead of the CSW V2 electronics. That means basically they would upgrade my CSW V2 to a CSW V2.5; only the housing will remain the same.

Although the CSW V2.5 is not compatible with the PS4 compared to the CSW V2, since I do not have a PS4 anymore the upgrade would make the wheel more stable, reliable and of their newest technology, at no extra costs. According their email anyway.

My PC detects it as a V2.5 and it seems fine to me so far.

Hopefully this is the first and last problem with any of my Fanatec hardware.

Customer service was spot on to be fair, would've preferred to not had to use them at all. But at least it was a positive experience.

Man of Honour
Totally disallusioned with the service at moment and doubt I'll renew early or at all when my current subscription runs out.

I feel there are so many issues that have been around for so long that they will probably never address. But will happily keep churning out new cars and tracks that seem to consistently kill off other series on the service.

It seems that unless you're running rookies, Skippy or GT3/IMSA then you're either racing only die hard aliens or races don't even go official more than a couple of times a week.

Shame I can't sell my account or get a refund on some content I'll never use again.

Back
Top Bottom