*** 'Let's Meet At Our Place' Event : 12th September 2017 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I have a pair of unused AirPods so I disagree.

The fact you need to charge them and carry around the little case is the main reason why.

Audio quality is the main factor why wireless solutions suck when it comes to spending lots of money on headphones, that doesn't count for mobile devices though with their teeny tiny DAC's and environments they're to be used in though.

Associate
You say that like Airpods are the only option.

Point me to a solution that doesn't require charging separately? the AirPods solution is the most elegant, but it's still not as handy as a good old manky pair of EarPods that have been living in my top pocket for the last 4 years.

I'm talking about me, people who are happy to carry around Plus sized phones and stuff probably don't care about the extra bulk.

This is before factoring in the added cost...

Soldato
I have a pair of unused AirPods so I disagree.

The fact you need to charge them and carry around the little case is the main reason why.

Audio quality is the main factor why wireless solutions suck when it comes to spending lots of money on headphones, that doesn't count for mobile devices though with their teeny tiny DAC's and environments they're to be used in though.

I have airpods and beats studio wireless. The beats sound amazing!

Man of Honour
Looking forward to this. Probably the biggest iPhone event since the iPhone 4? Exact design and specs are very much unconfirmed, even if we have a rough idea.

I'd be shocked to see TouchID go, it's simply too good.

Soldato
I wear this now when out…amazing sound quality, with the noise cancellation it certainly is pretty much as good as you can get on the move. Up to like 20 hours battery life, not really a problem at all, just charge it at night.

Fp0gtdi.jpg

So I guess airpods is a non-event size wise.
Are they the BTNC 4.50? Tempted by a pair. Otherwise, Watch series 3 for me and have high hopes for Apple TV 5.

Soldato
Bluetooth isn't better, it is just different. I do now carry around 2 pairs of headphones. My wireless pair for my phone and a wired pair for my Surface Pro 3.

I could use the wireless ones on my Surface but it is a pain having to re-sync constantly and using them leads to a noticeable drop is battery life. There is also a noticeable drop on my phone.

Wireless do have some distinct disadvantages:
Wireless headphones will only last a few years before the battery gives up, most are non user replaceable.
You have to charge them.
You have to sync them, you can't just plug in.
They are expensive.

Advantages:
No Wires
Really expensive ones have good noise cancelling

In terms of the event, look like everything is pretty much leaked apart from the specifics of the new chips which apple never release apart from is '1.5x' faster. I think we will be lucky to see a % that big outside of specific use case.

Soldato
In terms of the event, look like everything is pretty much leaked apart from the specifics of the new chips which apple never release apart from is '1.5x' faster. I think we will be lucky to see a % that big outside of specific use case.

We have a good idea on the chips, 6 core, 2 big, 4 small but not a fusion set up, all 6 can be used at once. It's going to make the SoCS used on other phones look really bad.

Soldato
Well I was hoping to pre order through EE on a 24 month contract but I'm thinking they might not even get stock for launch?

I would imagine that the actual availability date won't be till well inside October, and allocations will have to be given to the large carriers, otherwise they will end up advising to select a different handset, especially if they are selling a lucrative pay monthly contract off the back of it. Tbh, I expect that to happen anyhow since they'll need to explain why its £80pm on 24 month contract for 3GB data tarrif, vs. A.N.other phone for £25-30pm. It will start to hit home for people how much of a rip off it is, when they hear it's 3x the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom