Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Back this morning from my trip to the Nurburgring for the DTM Weekend and a lap around the Nordschleife.

Ypres, Spa Francorchamps, the Ring and Donuts all feature :p
iNOKIdA.jpg
iNOKIdA.jpg

5GctwIC.jpg
qaBtGAf.jpg
NIrryp1.jpg
MncZdbM.jpg

Soldato
Fareham, I'll keep an eye out for you! And i love the (Stealth?) grey on the ST's. Focus ST's were in the running before I bought the 340i :p

I'll try and notice you in my rear view ;)
Been driving around for a few hours playing with it. Had a blast but back to work tomorrow.
Love the colour, was an actual coin toss in front of the salesman between this and Tangerine Scream. Glad it was this in the end.

Soldato
Sounds/looks like you had a lot of fun Mr Abbz ;)

I did :) Brilliant couple of days away, especially as the Nurburgring has been a bit of an iconic place since early Forza games and Gran Turismo games :)

Ha, my M135i is the same. Seems like it still has loads to give at the limiter. I reckon with it disabled it would be good for 175mph, maybe even more, yours is probably the same.

Certainly felt like it could do far more :D No idea how much more though :eek:

Bet that 1/4 tank didn't last much longer ;)

Unfortunately I was leaving the autobahn in 2 miles as you can see, didn't take long for those 2 miles to count down though :D

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Well I've being planning a new car purchase for an MY18 Mustang for a while, but unfortunately Ford would not officially accept my order until they had updated their internal order taking software and were officially accepting builds.

That happened this morning and so I placed a new order with a Nottingham dealership. Gave up on Ford Stoke (Bristol Street) due to lack of response, plus the sales guy at Nottingham dealership is a friend and also ordered a car for himself as well ensuring our cars are first orders and first UK deliveries.

In short I went for what Ford UK has nicknamed hero specification:

Options selected

• V8 Fastback coupe
  • Orange Fury triple coat paint
  • 10-speed automatic
  • Custom Pack 4 (SYNC 3, Nav, Shaker 12 speaker hifi, Polished forged 19" wheels with PS4s tyres, black trim surround, extra leather on interior covering fisher price plastics)
  • Recaro ebony leather seats
  • Rear spoiler/wing delete if possible
  • Adaptive dampers (GT 350 magneride suspension / ARBs etc)
  • Black painted roof
  • No stripes
  • Climate controlled seats (We believe this is not available on Recaro, TBC)

Standard Features

• Active tri-bar DRL's as per USA cars now on all exports
  • LED exterior lighting throughout, Pony puddle lamps
  • Active quad exhaust system
  • Heated steering wheel
  • 12" digital LED dash
  • Performance Package (Brembo's, braces etc.)
  • New gen3 Coyote with 444HP @ 7600RPM & 420lb/ft
  • 0-60 in sub 4s (10-speed only)
  • All the other regular stuff you'd expect

As much as I love my MY15 Mustang I am simply wanting an automatic in what is my daily driver, but saying that I even prefer driving with paddles when on a weekend blast / road trip / track day etc.

I love the MY18 for its massive leap on in technology improvements, the fact you can option pretty much the same under pinnings as the GT 350 is impressive removing the need to overly mess with suspension too much (you watch me still mess with it though) and Ford have addressed many of the issues and complaints of the MY15 like floaty rear-end, cheaper interior plastics (some still exist) etc.

Unfortunately it won't be the 35k bargain I got my last one for, though Ford have offered 31-32k as a trade in for it (returned to stock or as close to stock) which at 18 months old is fantastic, the car has lost around £150 per month ownership in depreciation which is fantastic on a brand new mass produced car. I am not trading however, I am keeping my MY15 as I cannot part with it so early, so I shall continue enjoying the car for next few months.

My only major gripe with MY18 is the droopy EU looking front-end, I like the front bumper looks really and mean and aggressive compared to MY15. But the hood (bonnet) just looks weak, but by the time I have the car if I still dislike this there will be several solutions available from companies like Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shelby etc.

Now the waiting begins, at least this time I am in exceptional hands as I've placed the order with Aaron Borg at Nottingham dealership who has also ordered one himself. Our two orders are the first in his dealer network along with a handful of cars from other dealers which are for themselves as showroom cars. Expected delivery is March/April so just in time for an 18 plate too, though I am not fussed about that as WTF shall be firmly put in place. Aaron has promised to keep any sheets, build sheets and the stuff new cars typically get saved, laminated for me to put in an ownership folder. He is also going to try and get photos of both our cars being built in Flat Rock and emailed over as a nice extra touch, in fact I think he might even be keener and more excited than myself, so I know I am in good hands.

As I've gone pretty much with Ford's Hero specification the car will essentially look identical to this:

Ford-Mustang_GT_EU-Version-2018-1600-01.jpg

Ford-Mustang_GT_EU-Version-2018-1600-0d.jpg

2018-ford-mustang-euro-spec-live-in-frankfurt%201.jpg

Ford-Mustang_GT_EU-Version-2018-1600-09.jpg

Ford-Mustang_GT_EU-Version-2018-1600-15.jpg

Ford-Mustang_GT_EU-Version-2018-1600-11.jpg

Ford-Mustang_GT_EU-Version-2018-1600-16.jpg

21458172_1457560344358237_451723940761386642_o.jpg

21731678_1313252005468503_4010719845480276476_o.jpg

So it all starts again haha, not as bad this time as I've still got the current one and of course it probably won't remain looking like the above for long at all with mine having black roof. Plus I will probably move my current wheels onto the car, fit the same wing as on my current car and add some discreet black stripes down the side again. Not doing much power wise though this time round, shall just fit a set of full length headers and a tune, should be good for 550HP NA then. :)

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
cant see the new one looking better then the grey one.
maybe its just me but i do like the grey.

Trust me I was tempted to order magnetic again because darker colours suite the MY18 design more I feel:

2018_1.jpg

But I love the orange, you only live once and all that, plus I believe the colour will be a one year run, which if comes true helps immensely with re-sale value, current competition orange MY15's are fetching 4-5k more than other colours because Ford only ran the colour for one year. But its more just because I like the colour and I plan on fixing the down syndrome / soft european look of the front-end with a naughty hood with a proper bulge in it as the new MY18 has lost the power bulge which really defined the MY15 shape. Its a Mustang, the modding possibilities shall be endless.

The front really does let it down. Just too soft and European

Don't worry a hood with a nice bulge is planned. :D

Soldato
Trust me I was tempted to order magnetic again because darker colours suite the MY18 design more I feel:

But I love the orange, you only live once and all that, plus I believe the colour will be a one year run, which if comes true helps immensely with re-sale value, current competition orange MY15's are fetching 4-5k more than other colours because Ford only ran the colour for one year. But its more just because I like the colour and I plan on fixing the down syndrome / soft european look of the front-end with a naughty hood with a proper bulge in it as the new MY18 has lost the power bulge which really defined the MY15 shape. Its a Mustang, the modding possibilities shall be endless.
What is the difference engine and power wise compared to the one you already have?
Do we not get the GT350R in the Uk that has something like 520bhp? I seen an episode of head 2 head on Netflix when they tested it against the 650bhp Camaro and it has to be one of the best sounding cars I've heard with its 4 exhausts and V8.
Orange looks awesome by the way stands out more than the grey

OcUK Staff
The front really does let it down. Just too soft and European
What is the difference engine and power wise compared to the one you already have?
Do we not get the GT350R in the Uk that has something like 520bhp? I seen an episode of head 2 head on Netflix when they tested it against the 650bhp Camaro and it has to be one of the best sounding cars I've heard with its 4 exhausts and V8.
Orange looks awesome by the way stands out more than the grey

GT 350 is LHD and import only, Litchfields can import them for you.
Stock UK is 410HP and new one is 444HP as MY18 has gen3 coyote which got several updates mainly being direct&port injection. Headers and remap should see the new model with close to 550 horse for a couple of grand.

The 650HP Camaro is also available from Litchfields too, again LHD import, those are insanely quick as they you can option the 10-speed on those, the 10-speed is not available on GT350.

Back
Top Bottom