• Space Grey 256GB

Votes: 98 18.4%
  • I want one but it's too expensive

Votes: 125 23.5%
  • I'm not interested

Votes: 190 35.7%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
That slither cuts into the display, which would be a bit odd if not for the fact that that area was usually occupied by the status bar in previous iPhones anyway. Immediately, I wanted to know if it would cut into 16:9 video; the answer is “no,” unless you’ve zoomed in to make it fill the whole screen. The phone’s aspect ratio, when held in landscape mode, is wider than 16:9. So that area is just black anyway.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/201...hone-x-oled-and-hdr-outshine-everything-else/

Many other sites reporting the same, but yeah, I guess I'm the 'defense force' by posting correct information.

Caporegime
It just screams of totally being rushed to me and takes away from the whole aesthetic of a premium device.

That's what I mean by defence force, both modes look crap to be honest (in picture at least) and as I say above, this is £1,200!

Man of Honour
OP
Looks pretty nice to be fair, shame it has iOS on it. :D

That's the best thing about it!

--

You can see why it's priced as it is. All phones over £600 (or even less) are a luxury item.

If you can afford £800~ for the likes of the 128GB iPhone 7 Plus, then you can also afford £1k - if you want it.

Remember a lot of people buy it on contract. Another £20 a month or so to have the latest and greatest phone? Doesn't sound so expensive then really...

I want to actually use one before deciding anything, knowing Apple I bet it all works really well...

HAz

HAz

Soldato
I think a lot of the haters just cant justify the price or cant afford it most likely. Its a lot of money but if you want the best phone then you pay out for it, same for the one buying the titans Xp's

Soldato
£999 or $999...lol. Though actually cheaper than I thought it might be.

I did laugh when the the first iPhone X wouldn't unlock properly, and that's the worry I suppose, its accuracy.

Actually it wasn't FaceID that failed. iPhones require the pin to be used to unlock the device the first time after a reboot. If you actually read the error message it said that the Pin needed to needed to be used after a device restart. When it was actually able to be used it worked really well as demonstrated. Love when people jump on a bandwagon.

As to my personal thoughts, even I'm not tempted to upgrade at all this year. If the iPhone X was at the price point of the 8, I might have considered it.

Soldato
The key selling point for the iPhone X is actually the Face ID, they’ve ditched Touch ID on that then they have to make Face ID right in order to sell them.

There isn’t any real world reviews of Face ID yet and people are already crying over the price tags is beyond me. If the tech works then it is the first phone to make Face recognition works properly, plain and simple, and the R&D that goes behind it ain’t magic hence the price tag.

So stop crying and wait for reviews.

Associate
So glad i bought my iPhone 7 Plus in May. There is really nothing on the new iPhone's that would want to make me upgrade.

1k will get you iPhone 7, Watch 3 cellular and TV 4K!

Caporegime
I think a lot of the haters just cant justify the price or cant afford it most likely. Its a lot of money but if you want the best phone then you pay out for it, same for the one buying the titans Xp's

Boy, that's some generalisation, lol.

Maybe we just aren't bowled over like we thought we would be and by all accounts are pretty disappointed. I am disappointed they have dropped 128Gb storage across the board, the X should be base 128Gb, aside from animating emoji's there is very little to draw me to spending over £1,000 for the phone, I watch YouTube videos on my phone, and the people making these videos about games and the such don't use HDR in their content so there is literally nothing pulling me towards the phone, and then there is the fact Touch ID got dropped and well, what exactly am I getting for the entry price that benefits me?

Permabanned
The key selling point for the iPhone X is actually the Face ID, they’ve ditched Touch ID on that then they have to make Face ID right in order to sell them.

There isn’t any real world reviews of Face ID yet and people are already crying over the price tags is beyond me. If the tech works then it is the first phone to make Face recognition works properly, plain and simple, and the R&D that goes behind it ain’t magic hence the price tag.

So stop crying and wait for reviews.

Except Face Id is nothing more than a gimmick? Its a solution to a non existent problem.

Its just a slight evolution of the last iPhone at best.

Man of Honour
Completely ruins the screen for me. I understand they need to put the camera and speaker somewhere, but there must be a better way.
Did you not read what I posted above?

Except Face Id is nothing more than a gimmick?
How do you know if you've not tried it? In the various videos that are up now it looks like it works really well, much better than any other phone that's out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
I was a little surprised at how little is different to the 8 other than the obvious. I was really expected wireless charging to be an exclusive feature to the X

I can't say that black strip bothers me. As mentioned, it won't be a problem on videos unless you zoom

Man of Honour
I'll be going for a 64GB X. I've got a 128GB 7+ at the moment but I'm barely using 40GB of space.
I'm torn between the 64GB and 256GB. Most of my storage is used by music, but I mostly stream Deezer on my phone. iPad Pro is 256GB which always goes with me when I fly etc.

Man of Honour
I did, but my gripe is them advertising it as all screen when it's not. It's no good having it able to fullscreen 21:9 content if it's going to chop a bit of it off.

Maybe I'm being a bit too pedantic but it just looks awkward.
Samsung advertise theirs as all screen when it isn't, it's also awkward due to the sides of the phone.

I do agree it looks odd, but what else could be done? I think it's one of those things you'd soon get used to. How often do we really use our phones in portrait mode? I'd wager most of the times it would be when watching a video and that would be 16:9 in most cases where you won't see it due to the true black of the OLED screen.

Back
Top Bottom