***kickstarter***

Associate
If you can find me a similar solution with no additional costs outside of electricity (this has washable filters) then I'd be keen to compare! The Dyson HEPA system is about £350 initially and £50+ a year on filters!

Hi there, sorry to barge in, I just want to add a few words about this project.
DISCLAIMER: I'm Brid's product designer therefore I'm clearly biased, but trust me when I say I was in love with this technology way before I started working on it.

289 is really a fraction of a price of its competitors, and there's no additional hidden cost (you never need to replace the filters) which is a first in this market.

Last but not least: it really works. We're thoroughly testing it with pollutants and dangerous gases and the results are great. You can find all the patents and third parts tests on the project page. Let me stress this: it works like a charm.

I'm here to answer if you have any doubts. Again, I'm involved with the project but I do my best to be as objective as possible.

Soldato
Last but not least: it really works. We're thoroughly testing it with pollutants and dangerous gases and the results are great. You can find all the patents and third parts tests on the project page. Let me stress this: it works like a charm.

It looks like it takes a day for a standard sized living room to be 50% cleaner. I'd only really be buying this for hayfever season. You would normally have some windows open. It sounds like by the time it has cleared 50% of the pollen, more of it would have come through the window so I would need to get at least the XL model - £350+! Anti-histamines are cheaper :p

Associate
Associate
It looks like it takes a day for a standard sized living room to be 50% cleaner. I'd only really be buying this for hayfever season. You would normally have some windows open. It sounds like by the time it has cleared 50% of the pollen, more of it would have come through the window so I would need to get at least the XL model - £350+! Anti-histamines are cheaper :p

That indicates a "set-up" time. Basically the first cylce is always longer, maintainance cycles are way shorter. Can't fight with anti-histamines though :p
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/maumau/brid

Associate
Thanks for input Roberto. Do you have any info on the smallest sizes of particles which can be filtered? In microns?

Sure: the pre-filter is a G4 non-woven fabric pre-filter that blocks pollen, dust, dander and particulate matter as small as 0.5 µm. More specifically, it block 70% of PM2.5 in a single cycle and 99% of PM10 in a single cycle
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/maumau/brid

Man of Honour
Just got notification that my email is one of 5'176'463 that was hacked from Kickstarter in Feb 2014.
They got Email addresses, usernames and salted SHA1 hashes

Great...

Soldato
Why bother hacking kickstarter for details to sell on, sounds like extra steps for a fruitless scam.

They should have just set up an unrealistically useful concept with a low price, follow it up by a mid term deadline and a trendy few minute video with the sort of pseudo science you use to get on shampoo adverts and people will literately be lining up to give you their money.

Back
Top Bottom