**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Associate
This is getting annoying my phone not getting updates.

What network is your phone branded too?

Three who are nearly always last to release updates are on August 2017 security update

Unbranded and unlocked

Well I've just done a manual check and its downloading something. Don't know why it didn't do it automatically...

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Have an S7 Edge and just noticed that when the Always on Display is on, the entire screen has a slight glow to it as if it were an LCD panel in a dark room. It has only happened as I use the edge night clock feature and the phone screen has always been very black except for the clock. I've no idea what I've changed or why it has happened but would anyone have any clue as to how I can return the screen to how it's supposed to be.

Edit: Called into Samsung centre, screen replaced under warranty.

Last edited:
Soldato
My phone must be dieng it's only 1 year old and I'm still get huge lag and black screens when trying to wake the phone up and do things.

Also just experienced a strange battery drain was in 30% put in battery saver and it shot down to 3% never seen that before. Also only getting 2.5hrs screen on time in 7 hours from a full charge. My last Samsung I think this one had them all since the S5 too.

Screenshot_20171002-123913.png

Soldato
My phone must be dieng it's only 1 year old and I'm still get huge lag and black screens when trying to wake the phone up and do things.

Also just experienced a strange battery drain was in 30% put in battery saver and it shot down to 3% never seen that before. Also only getting 2.5hrs screen on time in 7 hours from a full charge. My last Samsung I think this one had them all since the S5 too.

Screenshot_20171002-123913.png
Have you tried doing a hard reset to see if it helps ?

Caporegime
Had my S7 edge a little over a year now and it still super fast

Things like the camera opens straight away when I double click the home button..
Unlock is instant no delay..

Sounds like you need to do a hard reset of your S7 edge or workout which app or apps you have installed is slowing it down..

I did not know you could open cam like that lol

Associate
With any luck I should have my S7 Edge back from the repair center any day now..

Early 2017 I manually installed Android 7 prior to getting it OTA - since then I NEVER had a single update pushed to the phone.. SO, before starting to use it again, whats the best version to install (it was purchased from o2) so that I get future updates as they are rolled out.?

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Been just over a year I've had this, and I've got the pink line problem.

Can't get it fixed by Samsung because I have a crack on the rear glass. So annoying, really putting me off buying one next time.

Don't know whether to sell it or send it in for repair. Either way can't see it worth much anymore.

Associate
Been just over a year I've had this, and I've got the pink line problem.

Can't get it fixed by Samsung because I have a crack on the rear glass. So annoying, really putting me off buying one next time.

Don't know whether to sell it or send it in for repair. Either way can't see it worth much anymore.

Have they told you they dont fix it due to the crack? I've just sent mine in for a pink line problem (mine is 18 months old), although mine does not have any cracks, etc, it was never asked when I spoke with Samsung support.. It looks like it has been fixed (not had it back yet), but no idea what they did in the end.. Hopefully they replaced the front screen, as I had a faint scratch in it I could do without. :D

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Have they told you they dont fix it due to the crack? I've just sent mine in for a pink line problem (mine is 18 months old), although mine does not have any cracks, etc, it was never asked when I spoke with Samsung support.. It looks like it has been fixed (not had it back yet), but no idea what they did in the end.. Hopefully they replaced the front screen, as I had a faint scratch in it I could do without. :D

That's what the guy on Samsung chat told me, he said if there are signs of physical damage then they classify it as damage by the customer and hence payable by customer.

I guess I'll get some insurance and if it does die in the next 12 months at least I won't have a brick.

Associate
With any luck I should have my S7 Edge back from the repair center any day now..

Early 2017 I manually installed Android 7 prior to getting it OTA - since then I NEVER had a single update pushed to the phone.. SO, before starting to use it again, whats the best version to install (it was purchased from o2) so that I get future updates as they are rolled out.?

Is anybody able to answer this? Or do I just get the latest BTU and hope for the best?

Associate
That's what the guy on Samsung chat told me, he said if there are signs of physical damage then they classify it as damage by the customer and hence payable by customer.

I guess I'll get some insurance and if it does die in the next 12 months at least I won't have a brick.

Maybe if you have one of them Samsung repair centres nearby, pay to get the back replaced, I think I paid £40, just to keep my warranty. Then send it in to the remote repair centre. Downside is that it could be £40 wasted as they might record the pink line issue was present during the back repair and this would be on the same system of the repair centre that you'll send the phone to for the pink line repair.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Maybe if you have one of them Samsung repair centres nearby, pay to get the back replaced, I think I paid £40, just to keep my warranty. Then send it in to the remote repair centre. Downside is that it could be £40 wasted as they might record the pink line issue was present during the back repair and this would be on the same system of the repair centre that you'll send the phone to for the pink line repair.

Yeah or I could flog it for £200 if I'm lucky (seems unlikely the condition it is).

Back
Top Bottom