*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Soldato
I haven't played in a couple of months, being at the mercy of MEF and the rng killed it for me, so am not up on all that the patch entails. How will it be harder?

There are a number of mission exploits that are supposed to be getting closed off.

"Quince scanning mission exploit"

Soldato
While I understand its an "exploit" as such, people want you to scan something, whats actually wrong with going somewhere, scanning what they all want you to scan, and then selling them all copies of the data?

Associate
If anything they should just remove the ability to self destruct and spawn back in the station to collect..

You haven't got stuck in the terrain in your SRV multiple times… though I suppose FDev could probably just look at the log & give you the mission win (if it isn't fixed).

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Exactly.

Nothing wrong with stacking missions from various people.

Same as massacre missions.

If one person wants 5 ships killed and another person wants 20 ships killed why should the 5 person say Oooo no I want my 5 separate.

My advice to anyone who wants to play this game is get as much money as you possible can in the shortest time possible. It opens up the game to play it at your pace anyway you want.

Associate
Anyone having trouble tonight? My game's locked on a jump to hyperspace - sounds are there, but no ship response to joystick.

Just an update if anyone has the same problem...

This issue is caused because the game thinks you have landed, even though you are in space. To solve it, press the 'thrusters up' key for a few seconds as though you are taking off. The ship should now respond.

Associate
If anything they should just remove the ability to self destruct and spawn back in the station to collect..

Nothing to stop you just splattering yourself across the planet/moon at full speed ;)

Also, self destruct has its uses. I was out of fuel once so couldn't do sod all. It was the only way to continue the game.

Soldato
Well yes, but what I mean is you should have to get back to the relevant station after the scan to collect, so you have to survive....
And yes, self destruct is perfectly legit, but the game should make certain allowances when its being exploited in this fashion.

Permabanned
How the hell do you fly your ship down to a planet surface to specific coordinates? Like barnacles?
Stuggling abit with this....were is R2 when you need him...R2 were are you :)

Associate
How the hell do you fly your ship down to a planet surface to specific coordinates? Like barnacles?
Stuggling abit with this....were is R2 when you need him...R2 were are you :)

Fly around close enough to the planet that you can stop engines & it'll still move you around, at a slow enough speed you can watch coords with ease.
It is annoying, but get used to it.
Then it's a case of shifting which way you're pointing.

Or, you can find someone that's been to the one you're trying to get at & get them to wing up. They can head right towards the thing you want to see, as it's saved in their system.

Don't forget to scan the main part, so that you can return with ease any other time.

Permabanned
Fly around close enough to the planet that you can stop engines & it'll still move you around, at a slow enough speed you can watch coords with ease.
It is annoying, but get used to it.
Then it's a case of shifting which way you're pointing.

Or, you can find someone that's been to the one you're trying to get at & get them to wing up. They can head right towards the thing you want to see, as it's saved in their system.

Don't forget to scan the main part, so that you can return with ease any other time.
Thanks for that!
So if you scan do barnicles it show up next time on on scanner?
Looking for Meta Alloys as thought id engineer up the ASP. First time engineering, all i did in the early Alpha days of this game i just made tons of credits and then took a break just as Horizons come out. Thats why im asking nOOblet questions that have already been asked long ago.

Associate
Thanks for that!
So if you scan do barnicles it show up next time on on scanner?
Looking for Meta Alloys as thought id engineer up the ASP. First time engineering, all i did in the early Alpha days of this game i just made tons of credits and then took a break just as Horizons come out. Thats why im asking nOOblet questions that have already been asked long ago.

Yep, shows up on scanner just like bases etc do.
Makes life hell of a lot easier :D

Associate
Retaliation? Is that the retaliation the Thargoids did after humans fired at it?
Must be, because I've only seen one ship attacked by Thargoid, rumoured at that, on dev stream.
Hmm, so I've got less than two weeks to get to witness a Thargoid before the new patch drops eh? :rolleyes:

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Great news everyone...

More grind ahead to get weapons to damage thyroids (yes i know, but its more fun than the abomination to what they have made the thargoid into now)

Back
Top Bottom