Destiny 2

Caporegime
Damn I have so much to do, I'm at level 20 but only around 240 light.

Now that the campaign is finished, I've just been mopping up doing adventures and the odd public event here and there.

Really need to find a way of powering up quickly so I can jump on the raid at some point.

Associate
Probably not Raiding tonight need a bit more levelling as running a 259 Titan (I'm sure I'd be OK as raid vet Hunter from D1) but have switched allegiance from PS4 back to Xbox if any Xbro's wanna add me my GT is Shawreyboy.

Associate
I used to (PSN: FaceBaker) play the original Destiny loads and regularly did the raids with some of you lot (cough disconnect sword dredds).
Whats the verdict? Is the game worth it? Not sure I could rack up as many hours on this as the first as I don't have the time.
However I lost interest with it around the time the DLC came out and just stopped playing.

Soldato
I used to (PSN: FaceBaker) play the original Destiny loads and regularly did the raids with some of you lot (cough disconnect sword dredds).
Whats the verdict? Is the game worth it? Not sure I could rack up as many hours on this as the first as I don't have the time.
However I lost interest with it around the time the DLC came out and just stopped playing.

Is this game worth it? Going by your post maybe it's not for you.

Obviously we have the raid tonight which forms a big part of Destiny but so far D2 is like D1 but better. The core mechanics of the game have a few tweaks but are basically the same - you still have the 3 classes thought slightly different, guns all feel the same though loadouts have changed a little and there is a few new weapon types etc. The biggest changes for me are that there is a story - not a perfect story but at least there is a story to pick holes in. The open worlds are a lot bigger and have more going on in them, public events now show on a map when they will spawn, there are lost sectors to find and loot, you can pick up the usual patrol missions but there are extra missions in the world too. All that said though, if you lost interest in D1 then I'm not sure D2 is different enough.

Soldato
It feels more D1.5 to me but the campaign and story are much better. It's more Destiny and that's a good thing. It's different in some ways but it's still Destiny. Guns are awesome, environments are bigger and more interesting, music is fantastic, PvP is solid (people moan but I've always liked the Destiny PvP). I'm not into raiding so much as I don't have that kind of time. As a solo player though I'm still finding plenty to do. I wasn't going to buy it but I caved and I'm glad I did.

Soldato
Having never played D1 and just hitting 20. Is there a best way to gear up a bit?

Define 'best' the quickest would probably be herioc public events until you're 265 power then do all the powerful engram milestones. The is a grindy boring way to do it though so more fun way is play the game - do some strikes, some public events, loot lost sectors, pvp etc anything that gives drops will increase your power level up to 265.

After 265 you need powerful engrams and exotics as they're the only things that will drop higher than 265.

Associate
Is this game worth it? Going by your post maybe it's not for you.

Obviously we have the raid tonight which forms a big part of Destiny but so far D2 is like D1 but better. The core mechanics of the game have a few tweaks but are basically the same - you still have the 3 classes thought slightly different, guns all feel the same though loadouts have changed a little and there is a few new weapon types etc. The biggest changes for me are that there is a story - not a perfect story but at least there is a story to pick holes in. The open worlds are a lot bigger and have more going on in them, public events now show on a map when they will spawn, there are lost sectors to find and loot, you can pick up the usual patrol missions but there are extra missions in the world too. All that said though, if you lost interest in D1 then I'm not sure D2 is different enough.

Thanks, I might wait a while and watch a few reviews etc.. With regards to D1 and in terms of losing interest. I think it was due to me having less time when the DLC came out so I didn't bother getting it and then subsequently stopped playing.
I enjoyed the gameplay, gun mechanics and Raids (more so than PVP) of D1 so it sounds like much the same with D2.

Associate
Hey all,

Currently got 3 of us ready to raid from 18:00. Looking for 3 more who are up for a good 18:00 - 01:00am session.. will be good fun.

We're all 280+

PS4 13/09

1. Reektan - Titan
2. Eoa-Swam - Warlock
3. Shigsy - Hunter
4. redrooster303 - titan
OPEN!
OPEN!

Can add you to PSN in advance today etc.

I'll jump in one of those spots. I'll add you on PSN in a minute, just got back in.

Back
Top Bottom