What did you do to your bike today?

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Why do you need to go above 100 on the street? Even that is excessive for most overtakes.
I don't need to, I've only mentioned overtakes, you do usually speed up in order to overtake. Unless you're one of those retards on the A1 who take 3 miles to overtake a car, that is travelling 1-2 miles slower than them and gets in front of you.

Soldato
I don't need to, I've only mentioned overtakes, you do usually speed up in order to overtake. Unless you're one of those retards on the A1 who take 3 miles to overtake a car, that is travelling 1-2 miles slower than them and gets in front of you.
Unless you're overtaking something doing 70+mph in a SC road (which I'd question the need to overtake something already doing 10+ over the speed limit) you don't need to be anywhere near 100 mph to overtake something safely and quickly. More power does make for safer overtakes but it's just the time it takes to get up to 20mph faster than the car in front (for the couple of seconds needed to overtake.

I pass plenty of cars doing 50mph on my commute and barely break 65mph in doing so.

Man of Honour

I'm not stupid enough to overtake someone already speeding.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
More power does make for safer overtakes
This is exactly what I mean, those who go 70 i na straight usually brake in a corner too much, I want take that corner faster...
I'm not stupid enough to overtake someone already speeding.
See... depends what you mean by speeding. Because I tend to overtake those idiots doing 70 and braking harshly to 30 for an upcoming corner, if I didn't overtake at all my tyres would square out really quickly...

Man of Honour
This is exactly what I mean, those who go 70 i na straight usually brake in a corner too much, I want take that corner faster...

See... depends what you mean by speeding. Because I tend to overtake those idiots doing 70 and braking harshly to 30 for an upcoming corner, if I didn't overtake at all my tyres would square out really quickly...

I don't want to sound harsh but, I'm glad you had your "wake-up call" and survived it. It sounds like if you didn't then you would just keep escalating until you either killed yourself or someone else.

Now I just hope you learn from it like I have from mine, but it really doesn't sound like you have.

I've said my piece and I'll leave it there, but please think really carefully about your attitude if you get another bike. That goes for both the street and track as your actions with both affect other people.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I don't want to sound harsh but, I'm glad you had your "wake-up call" and survived it. It sounds like if you didn't then you would just keep escalating until you either killed yourself or someone else.

Now I just hope you learn from it like I have from mine, but it really doesn't sound like you have.

I've said my piece and I'll leave it there, but please think really carefully about your attitude if you get another bike. That goes for both the street and track as your actions with both affect other people.
What did you learn from yours? I don't remember anything, I've some memory loss too... some of it came back after looking at old pictures, but not all of it.

I've a small flashback and had a dream like that too... that a small car is doing a u-turn and I'm to close to do anything as the car doesn't brake or indicate. But before I saw what happens next, I woke up sweating like I did a marathon. Don't know whenever my memory is coming back or its just a dream... If I only knew what happened. :mad: It doesn't make any sense hitting a kerb, I must have did it to avoid something. I know those roads too well, I been riding on them regularly.

Last edited:
Soldato
Learn to respect the road and the people also using them. You are overtaking people already doing 70mph+ so that means you'll be doing at least 80mph to get past quickly and safely?

What's the rush? What's with the attitude that you must ride at your full potential every time you get on the bike? It's a quick way to an early grave. When you say you want to take corners faster, how fast? You don't know what's around the corner so unless you can see 500 yards around a bend, you don't have to lean it over every time.

That picture of you doing 118mph proves my point, you'll be dead before you know it if you push your luck too many times.

Soldato
I know those roads too well, I been riding on them regularly.

Familiarity breeds contempt.

You may know the bends and how sharp they are, and the bumps in the road, but every single road changes day to day, hour to hour. You have to ride like there's a car doing a U turn round the next bend, or a tractor pulling out from a field over the next blind crest, or you won't last long.

All it takes is for you to take that corner that you know you can take at 70mph in the dry at full speed, and 99 times out of a hundred you'll make it round... but that one time there's gravel in the road, or a stick, or someone overtaking a cyclist or 2ft into your lane...

Reminds me of a saying: there are old riders and there are bold riders, but no old bold riders. Ride at 80% of the limit on the road, never more.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I'm too much of a pansy to push it to the limit, hence why I only came out to mid paced rideouts.

I don't see the point of having a thou sportsbike on the road, going by what all of you are saying, you won't even use 50% of its capabilities. Most of them do 100+ 1st gear...

Last edited:
Soldato
You're deflecting away from the fact that you still don't really understand what dangerous riding is, despite having an accident while speeding that you can't remember what happened.

There's no point to be made about more powerful bikes. Your car is capable of exceeding the speed limit, so what's the point of that?

Soldato
^ Hardly judgemental. He's admitted he rides like a hooligan multiple times and eventually crashed because of it. People are just saying be a bit more careful or it's going to happen again and something worse might happen.

Soldato
giphy.gif

IC3

IC3

Soldato
You're deflecting away from the fact that you still don't really understand what dangerous riding is, despite having an accident while speeding that you can't remember what happened.

There's no point to be made about more powerful bikes. Your car is capable of exceeding the speed limit, so what's the point of that?
I know what it is, I didn't take too much risk. I did a few times, riding in a group go figure... but when I saw what some people are doing 120-130 waving between cars isn't for me, there's time and place to have a bit of fun. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary on main roads, any stunts I did on a closed empty car park or a private road with a dead end.

This time I didn't go at my usual pace, I was riding calmly back home, a bit tired after being out all afternoon and nearly evening. I always take it easy when I ride back home...

You can't even speed in a car most of the time, well... not in the ones I've had a chance to drive.
Avoiding the judgemental Dad theme, in other news, somebody stole my £10 bike cover.... :confused::confused::confused:
lol :o
^ Hardly judgemental. He's admitted he rides like a hooligan multiple times and eventually crashed because of it. People are just saying be a bit more careful or it's going to happen again and something worse might happen.
Funnly enough it wasn't, I was waiting for the moment when I bin it doing a wheelie tbh. But it's like they said, it happens at the least expected moment.

:D

I'm in search for a slooooooow car now with enough torque to pull a trailer with a bike, only tracks from now on. If I F up, I know it'll be my fault and not a woman on her phone or someone elderly who shouldn't be on the road in the first place.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom