SNES Mini Classic

Associate
And it's not nitpicking. It's called facts, there is a difference.

Some are facts, many aren't. And many of the points you raise are down to the Nintendo corporate structure...they're an old and rigid Japanese company run by a board of quite old men. That accounts for why they want that extreme level of control demonstrated in some of your other points....Nintendo will not relinquish control. In the past this has ensured quality control and that's what has worked for them. It may not fit into a more modern user friendly way of life and social media but it is what it is.

Whilst I agree with the point you raise about price fixing, that was 15 years ago...things have changed. Same thing goes for the PAL/NTSC display standard...this was universal and not just Nintendo. They don't have contempt for regions outside the US/JP regions, more disinterest and that's actually their right as a company. If they don't want our money more power to them.

Associate
Some are facts, many aren't. And many of the points you raise are down to the Nintendo corporate structure...they're an old and rigid Japanese company run by a board of quite old men. That accounts for why they want that extreme level of control demonstrated in some of your other points....Nintendo will not relinquish control. In the past this has ensured quality control and that's what has worked for them. It may not fit into a more modern user friendly way of life and social media but it is what it is.

Whilst I agree with the point you raise about price fixing, that was 15 years ago...things have changed. Same thing goes for the PAL/NTSC display standard...this was universal and not just Nintendo. They don't have contempt for regions outside the US/JP regions, more disinterest and that's actually their right as a company. If they don't want our money more power to them.

It's not facts? OK, name something on the list that isn't true? Yeah...thought so.

And it doesn't matter how long ago some of these instances happened, it's all valid and many of the same individuals are still in charge.

Anyway, i'm done here. Too many Church of Nintendo members can't handle the truth.

Associate
It's not facts? OK, name something on the list that isn't true? Yeah...thought so.

Just one? Ok - Nintendo showing "contempt" is a fact? Really?

I've never owned a Nintendo console outside of a DS, and I recognise they have anti consumer practices at times, but as a force for the gaming industry they weigh in heavily on the good side.

Man of Honour
Hence, the reason i've got neither system from them too.

while you were angrily writing that list I was enjoying Zelda on the switch which is a fantastic but of kit.

seems a total waste of energy to me

Soldato
I wonder if he also hangs out in Renault car forums to tell everyone how bad French cars are?

They way they have handled stock seems bizarre to me and seems to have led people in their droves to either buy of Ebay, not at all or something like a Raspberry Pi and just pirate the lot, not of which helps Nintendo. That's the only part I'm annoyed about.

Soldato
I see these as collectable pieces rather than a practical means to relieve some retro gaming. As you say, RetroPie would accommodate all of your retro needs in a neat little package!

Soldato
did I just read a quote where nintendo claimed the limited pre order stock was out their control?

So who controls the snes mini supply if not nintendo :)

Good news on the nes mini getting another run.

Soldato
They might be talking about the supply and manufacture of components and assembly. I've read that they're having real supply chain issues with their Switch parts - sharing component manufacturers with Apple etc. They've talked about ramping up production output but it's not just a flick of a switch (sorry).

This may be what Reggie is getting at.

Associate
No, you misunderstood me.
Facts or not, that's just a list of things you personally hate about Nintendo, hence the nitpicking.
If I was a developer, I would be over the moon if my games could still sell for retail prices 10 years after their launch.

Soldato
Hence, the reason i've got neither system from them too.

Why are you even in the console section if you don't own any relevant system and then come into a snes mini thread and bash the company? You seem pure troll material to me looking at your posts.

Especially after reading you think amiibo is plastic tat. Here's a newsflash for you. If you don't like a product, dont buy it. People have their own ideas on value.

Soldato
I don't even get why get mad about Amiibo. They were just tapping in to the who figure thing that seems to do so well for Skylanders in their own Nintendo way. At least this way with the 'DLC' you get a cool figure to look at even when you move on from the game unlike all the other season passes etc.

Some people just like to whine for the sake of whining.

Soldato
I don't have any Amiibo's but if you like collecting figures they are really nicely made and they look great. I almost bought an inkling girl one just to have on my desk at work. Almost..

Soldato
I don't have any Amiibo's but if you like collecting figures they are really nicely made and they look great. I almost bought an inkling girl one just to have on my desk at work. Almost..

Don't get me wrong some of them are just a bit boring, but I've got a few quirky ones in front of my physical media shelf and they look spot on. Especially my Wario!

Associate
i dont get why people bash amiibo when all it is is DLC except unlike Fifa and COD you get a cool figure. im more likely to buy some DLC if i get a physical product with it especially if its a franchise which i am a fan of

Caporegime
where do you guys reckon would be the best place to try and get one on launch date - I've got a Game store on my nearest hughstreet and a large Tesco, I can also get into Central London pretty easily (I live in zone 3)

basically I've ordered one but would like to buy a second as a Christmas gift

Back
Top Bottom